~Comes Around Goes Around~

"Must we go before school? I am late to class way to often! My mom is beginning to realize that I am in need of some stronger punishment," I argued as Riley sharply cut the next turn. I was thrown to the side, seatbeltless because my backpack added another body to the chair. It's a wonder some whackjob ever let Riley lay a finger on the wheel, much less allowed her to drive legally. That's like inviting Freddy Krueger over for a sleepover.

"You- shush," Riley said, scoffing, "Just sit back and envision the faces of his schoolmates when they see what you've done." She threw in a Muahaha. All this evil laughing was getting to me. I was actually starting to feel guilty for my crimes. Was this taking it too far? Would his badly damaged reputation leave a permanent scar that could essentially ruin his life?... Nah.

We rounded a little grove of trees. The high school was right in front of us, in all its glory, students flooding into the building, buses hissing, cars honking. We pulled into a lousy parking spot furthest from the school and cut the engine. Riverton High... This is uncharted territory here.

I slammed the door shut, earning a glare from Riley. Oh, sorry, didn't mean to damage your precious sports car. You poor poor thing. Riley flipped her hood up, as to conceal her beauty from the crowds of bypassers. She was guaranteed to draw attention otherwise.

The school was bigger than ours, and much louder. Hallways looked like they extended miles long, and the unfamiliar people lurking about set me on edge. Riley and I brushed arms, as if quietly saying I'm here for you bro.

"Be on the lookout for those band members you met. A friend of mine told me the society of good looks and large egos lies in the core of the school, near the stairs. Lets head over there." We started at a steady pace, my eyes darting through the faces, looking for any features I could recognize. It was a good thing Riley was here to talk me through this. I probably would've chickened out by now. No, I'm positive I'd have chickened out.

A couple minutes passed of aimless wondering. I was fretting on the inside, knowing we'd never find him among all these people, even if he was praised by every single one of them. Me and Riley exchanged a look, displaying the hopeless mutual feeling. She turned to the nearest girl and smiled, eyes brightening.

"Do you know where Jaxon Bennett hangs out? I'm trying to find him." The girl was small and petite, with brown hair and jealous eyes. But she answered all the same.

"In the mornings, he usually is by the stairs. They're down this hallway to the left...." She said with a touch of insincerity. Riley thanked her quickly and picked up her pace. We turned the corner and both saw the gray staircase beckoning our way. And there they were.

All of his other band members, plus a couple more competitors, were lounging in a group closed off from other human life. Everyone else naturally kept a two foot radius from their gang. We cautiously got nearer, blending with the other ladies flocking around them. Disappointment settled in. He wasn't with them.

"He's not there." I sighed, tapping on my leg with impatience. Don't even tell me we came all this way for nothing.

"Okay, well, we'll just stay here until he.... oh Oh OH!" All at once, she pulled me back behind some people. I searched the bodies, trying to find him. Then I saw, along with every other student with eye range. Something some would consider beyond reality.

Jaxon pushed through the crowd, but before long, they had created an aisle for him to walk down. Well, more like trudge. The boy had steam coming off of him. Who could blame him? His hair was a thick tuft of the purest white.

I had no idea it was going to come out that blonde! Riley and I intinctively covered our mouths, knowing we were on the verge of a full blown laugh attack. He reached his friends and started mumbling something, trying to act casual. They stare at him blankly, unresponsive, all eyes on that hair.