~Beach Bums~

The principal let me off with a warning, given that it was my "little brothers" and he must have slipped it in my backpack "by accident". Good thing Mr. Principal didn't check my records and see my little brother was imaginary. And somehow, by some miracle, he decided not to call my mom. Can I just take a brief moment, and tell you how much I appreciate Princys protocol. The guy saved my life, after all.

Riley was waiting outside the glass paneled office like the bestest buddy she is. Smirking.

I reached her and rested my arm on her shoulder, letting her carry all the weight that seems to keep piling onto my shoulders. The final bell rang, indicating it was safe to flee. How am I not in a titanic amount of trouble? Even weirder, did I just really pay the Principal a visit?

"Hate to tell you this, but I've heard your name atleast seventeen times since this morning. Word got around that you were getting revenge on Patricia. I honestly don't know where that came from." Riley gave me a pitiful look and pats my shoulder. I heaved a sigh, acting like I don't notice my fellow students staring. There goes my rank of invisibility. And I so carefully worked up to that point.

"Riley," I put pressure on my aching forehead, "I'm way over my head here. I'm no match for a Jaxon Bennett." We start in the direction of her car.

"You cannot back out this easily! Trust me Bayley, you are capable of great things. I can see the criminal mastermind deep within you, you just gotta embrace it." Riley told me, "That was pretty low of him though. Does he know your irrational fear of spiders?" I shook my head.

"Nope. Got lucky. And it's perfectly rational, thank you very much." A lump rose in my throat as a mental image popped up of that mammoth of a spider stretching its hairy limbs to crawl up my arm. What a beautiful day it is. Just concentrate on what a beautiful day it is. The sun is shining, birds are chirping, all is well...

"Can the weather be any more perfect?" Riley commented, shielding her eyes from the blazing sun. I swallowed down my arachnaphobia, checking out the clear blue sky.

"Nope." I said, popping the p. That was a little weak. I kept practicing popping my p, while Riley unlocked her car and chucked her backpack in the back seat.

"Tell you what," Riley said as we climbed in the car, "Let's go to the beach! I'm sure you don't have any plans whatsoever-" I frowned, "-and your mom loves me. I'll talk her into letting you go. We need some nice, relaxing couple of hours on the golden sand to clear our heads, get some good gossip in, check out the cute lifeguards.... It's perfect." I'm not gonna deny it, the beach actually sounds like paradise when she puts it that way.

"Okay! We'll run by your house first and you can get changed, then go back to mine so you can sweet talk my mom while I get dressed. Really sugar coat it though. It is a school night." I grinned as she put the car in drive and swerved out of her spot, aiming to beat the school traffic.

"Don't question me, Bay. You are in good hands."

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

"Okay! I'm all dressed up, or down... uh whatever, lets go!" I walked with some pep in my step, eager to dive into that cool blue water, soak up some vitamin D. I was about to pass Riley to head out the door, but she stood in my way, arms crossed.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere until you change into that bikini I bought you." Oh no. Not that wretched thing that feels two sizes too small! I loathe bikinis. What girl finds pleasure strutting around in practically your undies and let men enjoy the scenery?... Not. Me.