Chapter 57

Chapter 57

I was jumping up and down with a stick, trying to push the surveillance camera so it would be filming at a different angle and it wouldn't catch us in the act.

It wasn't my most glorious moment, but someone had to do it.

I'd left Josh and Lexi together alone. I hoped it wasn't going catastrophically. He wouldn't tell her about my feelings, right?

Finally, the camera wasn't a problem anymore, so I made my way back to them.

I heard Josh's laugh before I saw him.

"So you took care of it?" Josh asked me loudly.

Subtility was not in Josh's vocabulary apparently.

"Yes, I mooned the camera and then threw rocks at it, screaming like an old lady. That's what you usually do right?" I teased him, walking up to them.

"My little boy is growing into a man," Josh replied, and faked sobbed.

"You really are a child Josh," Lexi told him, looking a little annoyed.

I wondered what Josh had been telling her to make her glare at him. The possibilities were limitless.

"Yeah, well you're a girl for not wanting to climb up the fence," Josh shot back with a pout.

"Hmm, that's not really an insult Josh. I'm kind of a girl, you know?" Lexi answered, unimpressed.

"Blake, take notes, I need to find insults for girls," my best friend told me.

I sighed, shaking my head, not indulging him.

"So? What's going on now? Because I'm not climbing over the fence and over the barbed wires," Lexi said.

What? What had Josh been telling her?

"Why the hell would you do that? We just need to walk around, over there," I told her, pointing towards where the fence stopped.

This made Josh laugh like a manic once again, while Lexi just gapped at him in horror.

Oh, he'd been messing with her.

Lexi's reaction was predictable. She kicked Josh's ass, and started to curse him, while he just laughed as an answer.

She really needed to work on those violent tendencies. Not everyone would just take it the way I was.

"I don't enjoy his presence anymore Blake. I think I'm going to switch back to you," she whined, coming up beside me with a little pout, and I couldn't help grinning back at her.

I thought back to what Doctor Boseman had said. She picked me. I shouldn't be making a big deal out of her small comment, but I was a desperate man reaching at every straw I could get.

We started to walk towards the sign.

"Don't say that out loud! You want him to stalk you more than he already does?" Josh said, and I stopped grinning and glared at him.

Who was the little bitch now?

"But she stalks me too so I'm not that pathetic," I said, trying to save my ass.

Josh took the lead while Lexi caught up with me, walking side by side.

"Alright then, you're both pathetic. Better?" Josh said.

"But at least we admit it," I replied.

Josh turned around abruptly and pointed the flashlight right in my face. I covered my eyes with my forearm automatically to save them from the glare. "Lower that down, dumbass."