Chapter 81

Chapter 81

My night was spent between sweet dreams and nightmares. I wasn't exactly sure when which started and which ended.

I thought I heard someone talk to me, but I assumed it was a dream, and for once I was sleeping, so nothing was going to stop me.

That was what I thought, until a hand brush through my hair and I cracked an eye open to come face to face with Lexi.

Was I still sleeping?

I was definitely still sleeping and seeing Lexi in my dreams.

I wasn't complaining though because this dream felt unbelievably real, like Lexi was really standing in front of me.

And since I was dreaming, I definitely had kissing privileges here, so I reached for the back of her head, bringing her closer to me.

The dream was broken at the sound of another voice. "Blake, how many times do I have to te..."

Lexi froze in front of me.

This wasn't a dream.

Again. I should stop assuming that waking up to Lexi was a dream.

But this felt like a nightmare.

Because Lexi was crouching in front of me, and Kendall was in the room too.

Even in the worse case scenarios I made up in my head, this had never been a contestant.

Lexi just looked at me, sort of gapping, her eyes filling up with tears.

Wait? What was she thinking? Why was she almost crying?

God, I'd just woken up.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HAPPENING HERE?

Why was Kendall in my room? Why was Lexi here?

What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck?

Couldn't I just go back to sleep?

Lexi was basically on her feet running away from me, and I was the picture of confusion.

I got up on my feet, grabbing a shirt on my way, and ran after Lexi, yelling, "Wait! No, no! Lexi, wait! Let me explain. It's not what you think!"

I had no idea what she was thinking though. Well, that was partly a lie, I could kind of guess what she would be assuming with this whole scenario.

But it also didn't make sense.

Didn't she know me by now? Why was she running away? After everything?

As I was thinking that, going down the stairs in the entry, Lexi turned around abruptly, facing me, glaring at me with eyes she'd never looked at me with.

It felt like she'd just punched me in the heart.

No, that wasn't even violent enough to describe what that glare felt like.

"They always say that! You know in movies in books, it's always that line! "It's not what you think." Go ahead Blake! Go right freaking ahead and give me that made up explanation that will solve everything! Go ahead, lie to me, you asshole!" she yelled at me.

What?

Was I still sleeping? Seriously, what the fuck?

I understood that the situation wasn't exactly picture perfect, but I thought... I thought she knew me by now?

I felt like my breathing was getting a little shallow.

There was a weight in the middle of my chest, heavy and pressing.