Chapter 6

Just a fyi, I'm uploading this at 6AM. I haven't gone to sleep yet. So, I haven't re-read it. I'll do it later. So pleaaaase, don't waste my time and yours correcting my mistakes. You'll just fill up my email box for no reason, and I'll be annoyed when I wake up.

Enjoooooooy. 8D

_________

Chapter 6

“Apparently you’ve been disturbing people in class today,” Mister Fields said, trying to look serious and maybe even displeased but it was a total fail on his part. I had this rule, where, when I had seen someone in a bathing suit and they had more hair on their chest than on their head, they couldn’t have my full respect anymore.

“Sorry, it won’t happen again,” I simply answered, trying not to cringe or laugh at the memory.

“I hope so.” He put the slip I had given him when I got here in my file and closed it. And then he folded his hands over his desk. “While you’re here, do you have any idea about your paper for European History?”

I let out a loud breath, running my hands over my head, ruffling my hair. “Not yet.”

“I’m having dinner with your parents tomorrow, maybe we can talk over it?”

That prospect wasn’t exactly desirable to me. On the other hand, Lexi helping me out pick up a topic would be nicer. And just like that, I had a way to spend more time with her while forcing her to pay the debt she didn’t truly owe me.

“It’s okay, you guys can talk about how horrible teenagers are instead.”

The principal chuckled. “Will do.”

“Can I go now?” I asked, motioning towards the door.

“Yes.” I nodded and when I was up, he added, “Oh and I don’t want to see you here again.”

I smiled, picking up my bag. “No problem.”

            There was a lightness to my steps as I headed to the cafeteria. Asking Lexi to help me with school work would be a great way to force her to spend more time with me. I had no idea how long whatever it was that was happening between us would last. And I sure as hell wasn’t going to waste a minute of it.

Unfortunately, this little trip to the principal made me late for lunch, so when I got into the cafeteria, everyone was already sitting at the usual table—Lexi included. I hurried up, getting food from the cafeteria and made a beeline for the table. I could see that they were all speaking enthusiastically about something.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked the second I was within hearing distance, Lexi’s back facing me. It was a good thing that I didn’t have a straight view down that cleavage of hers and especially that red bra of hers peeking from time to time. It was quite distracting.

“Planning our trip to the Dump Creek” Justin answered me.

I could have gone around the table and sat in my usual spot, with Clark and Shawn but today, I didn’t feel like sitting with those two. I felt like stretching my luck yet again. After all, what could I lose? The girl already couldn’t stand me—it wasn’t like I could have her hate me more.

I sat right beside Lexi, purposely slightly brushing my thigh against hers as I did, because I was a glutton for punishment apparently, and asked, feigning hurt, “You aren’t inviting me?”