Chapter 50

Chapter 50

"Aalis ka?" Ate Gina asked nang bumaba ako. I had not been outside in 3 days. I focused on finishing my script and planned on doing exactly that hanggang sa magbigay sa akin si George ng go signal para sa shooting. But Dominic texted last night asking kung gusto ko bang kumain sa labas ngayon, and I remembered my therapist telling me that I should grab an opportunity every now and then because the only way I'd learn to cope up is that if I'd be exposed to people outside. I asked her how often 'every now and then' means, but she just said that whenever I feel comfortable... but that also, I needed to go out of my comfort zone once in a while. And then I asked about 'once in a while.' Medyo matagal kaming nag-usap tungkol doon. I just wanted to be certain.

"Kakain kami ni Dominic."

"Ihahatid ka ba o susunduin ka?"

"Susunduin daw ako."

I stayed on the receiving room while I was waiting for Dominic's text. I played with Blue and BV. I looked at BV and sighed. Maybe he misses his home. I should just email Cohen kung pwede bang sa kanya na lang si BV.

Nang magtext si Dominic ay lumabas na ako, pero pumasok pa siya para maghi kina Ate Gina at Kuya Robert. Paglapit namin sa sasakyan ay bumukas iyong bintana at nandoon si Zondra sa passenger seat. I said hi at doon ako naupo sa likuran.

"I'm sorry I crashed your lakad," sabi ni Zondra.

"No, it's fine," I replied.

"Have you decided on where you want to eat?" she asked.

"Ramen," I said.

"Okay..." she said, pouting. I've been around her for a while that I knew that if she's pouting, it means she wants something but she doesn't want to say it. Dominic tells me a lot of things about her. I feel like I was dating her, too.

"If you want to eat elsewhere, it's fine."

"No, it's fine. We'll have ramen na lang."

"Saan mo ba gustong kumain?" I asked.

"No, ramen's fine talaga," she replied. "What resto? I'll look at the menu."

Napa-tingin ako sa rearview mirror at naka-tingin si Dominic sa aming dalawa at naka-kunot ang noo. Napa-tingin si Zondra doon at kumunot din ang noo niya.

"What? I'm not BFFs with Karma but like, I crashed this party so if it's been decided that it's ramen, then we're having ramen," she said.

"Aww... mature ka na talaga," Dominic said. "Parang dati lang iiyak ka kapag hindi nasunod gusto mo."

Zondra rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Miller."

I was looking at my phone to check if there's any email from George. Meron na nga. The shooting would start in three days. Finally. I wanted to start with the project para mas maraming time sa postproduction. I wanted to graduate, too, to explore my options. I felt like I learned a lot of things in school at mas lalo na kay George. I really liked working with her.

We went to the ramen place, but it was full. Zondra asked if I wanted to wait o kung maghahanap na lang kami ng ibang ramen restaurant. I already planned what I would order—tonkotsu shoyu ramen. I asked her if it's okay to just wait and she said. But later on, she got bored and while we were waiting, she asked for my consent to be recorded para sa vlog niya and I agreed.

* * *

The next day was Sunday. I finished my last calligraphy class. I felt like I already knew everything I needed to know. I was looking for a crocheting class because that seemed to be more time-consuming. There were some days na ayokong mag-isip.