Epilogue

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed AusKar's story. If you want to see more of them, you can read TAOFI (The Art of Faking It - Dom and Zondra's story). 

Epilogue

"We have to get up," I said as Austin was still pretending to be asleep. I had noticed the past three days that Austin had the tendency to pretend to be asleep. Alam ko na gising na siya dahil iba na iyong paraan ng paghinga niya. But even when he's already awake, he'd just pull me close to his chest and continue to just hug me until the alarm begins to ring. This had been our mornings the past few days.

"What time is it?" he asked.

"7AM."

"Okay," he said as his arms left my torso. I watched as he stretched his arms and yawned. His curly hair was messy. It looked cute, for some reason. Napa-tingin siya sa akin. "What?" he asked.

"I really like your hair," I said.

Napa-hawak siya sa buhok niya. "Thank you?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like a broccoli?"

His forehead creased. "Is that... a compliment?"

I shrugged. "Take that as you will," sabi ko tapos ay tumayo na rin ako mula sa kama namin. Dumiretso ako sa CR at naka-sunod sa akin si Austin. We both got our toothbrush and began brushing our teeth. Tapos ay lumabas na kami. I sat on the stool by the kitchen island while Austin prepared our morning coffee.

"I don't think they can all fit here," I said.

"We'll just ask them to leave after thirty minutes."

"That will not be rude?"

He laughed. "It will be—but what can we do? Hindi tayo kasya lahat dito," he said.

Austin has a big family and everyone insisted na pupunta sila rito. He has his siblings, his cousins, his uncles and aunties, and his grandparents. While I have my family and Dominic and Zondra. I also invited George, Serj, and Kaleigh but they said they couldn't come because of work. It was fine. I just wanted to invite them. And then we both invited the players from SCA.

"Hindi nga talaga tayo kasya," I said after imagining everyone invited. Austin's cousins were all tall kahit iyong mga babae. Pati iyong mga basketball players ay malalaki. Ano kaya ang mangyayari mamaya? I was curious already.

"I think they'll voluntarily leave once they notice that we're already at capacity."

"Okay," I said. I, too, would not stay in a place kapag masikip na. I would leave, too.

After our morning coffee, Austin and I cleaned the condo again. He taught me how to use the vacuum while he was changing the sheets of our bed. We did that the entire morning until we were sure na malinis na lahat. And then we had lunch. Tapos ay pumunta kami sa mall para bumili ng wine at alcohol para sa mga tao mamaya. Pagbalik namin sa condo ay naligo lang kami at hinintay iyong delivery ng pagkain.

"Everything's set," I said habang naka-ayos na sa may kitchen island iyong mga pagkain. We got disposable plates dahil lima lang iyong plato sa condo. It was illogical to buy more plates dahil dalawa lang naman kami.

"I think I'll order pizza in advance," sabi niya.

"Why?"

"Phil. Jed. Matt," he recited.

"Oh..." I said, remembering kung gaano kalakas kumain sila. "Yes. Do that."

Austin placed an advance order of pizza to be delivered later at 9PM. We scheduled the arrival of the guests with one hour intervals—pinauna namin iyong pamilya niya at pamilya ko para mauna na rin silang umalis.