Chapter 3

Eric looks down at me and then at Four, "You mind making room for me Four?" Eric asked but you could hear that he wasn't really asking.

Four sighed and I could see him clench his jaw before moving over just enough for Eric to move in next to me and him. Eric then sat down and removed his grip on my shoulder. I sighed softly in relief.

"So Four, are you going to introduce me?" Eric asked innocently but I knew it was a act. Four sighed and pointed us out as he named us, "Selene, Tom, Jay, Crystal, Rian and (Y/n)" he finishes as he pointed at me last.

Eric's gaze then shifts to me, "So first jumper's name is (Y/n). Interesting" he says as he looks at Rian behind me. I turn back to my food and decide to take a drink from my cup.

As I do, I feel Eric lean in towards me, "You know your little display back on the roof? I'll forget it this time but don't piss me off ever again or you will regret it. " he whispers in my ear and I nearly choke on my water.

Eric then leans back and smirks as he sees me take in a deep breath to calm myself. I place my cup down and looked at Tom, "So you got any siblings ,Tom?" I asked as I tried to ignore Eric's gaze burning holes in the side of my skull.

"Yeah, a older brother, Dominic" he answers and I nod. I looked towards Selene and she shakes her head and so does Jay as I look at them. "You Crystal?" Rian asks and she nods wuth a smile, "Yeah, same as Tom" she replies.

Tom then turns to me, "Do you have any other siblings" Tom says and I nod. "Yeah, we actually have a older brother" I say and luckily no one asked about him as they could see I was upset.

"Where's he now?" Eric asked from next to me and I turned to him, slightly confused in why he would want to know this, "I actually have no idea to which faction he went" I lied and luckily Eric believed me.

A voice then sounded above us, from behind, "Initiates, stand".

I turned to look at a man at stood at the railing above us, he must be the leader of the faction. All of us initiates then stood.

"You have chosen to join the
warrior faction tasked with the defense of this city and all its inhabitants. We believe in ordinary acts of bravery and the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Respect that. Do us proud" the guy finished and everyone clapped and cheered. I turned to where Eric was seated to find that he had disappeared. I sighed and ignored it.

After we finished our food we headed back to our dorms. Turns out that Crystal and Jay were actually the bunks next to us. Which was nice as it seemed like the four of us will be great friends.

Before I started changing into my sleeping clothes, Four walks in and heads towards me. He stood infront of me and looks at Rian, "You two, follow me" he orders and then starts walking again. I looked at Rian and frown before shrugging and following Four.

We followed Four through multiple corridors and up two flights of stairs, until we finally reached a door, which he unlocks with a key and nods us inside.

I walk in first with Rian trailing behind me. As I walked inside, I realised that this must be a apartment, Four's apartment, because there was a kitchen, livingroom and door which I think links to his bedroom.

Four closes the door behind us and, Rian and I akwardly stood in the livingroom. "You guys can get comfortable" he says as he gestures to the couch. We sat down and Four sat across from us, "So you guys are probably wondering why I brought you here"

We nod, "it's about your brother" he continues. "Do you guys really not know which faction he went to?" Four asked and I nod my head," Of course we do. He came here to Dauntless" Rian answered. Four looked confused, "Why did you lie then?" He asks me.