Chapter 12

All of us sat outside this room, waiting to be called in to start our second stage of training.

My friends who had all stormed towards me earlier to find out if I was alright, now sat looking anxious waiting for their turn.

Time went by, as one by one everyone went in at some stage. The only problem was, each time someone came back out all of us tensed and our anxiety grew as we looked at them.

Some initiates had to be carried out, others cried or looked like all life had been sucked out of them leaving a husk behind.

I was the last one left and had been nervously rubbing my hands together.

Finally it was my turn, as an intiate was carried out of the room and Four called my name.

Stepping into the room as Four closed the door behind, I noted that the only thing in the room itself was a chair and a machine next to it.

"I see you're doing better" Four observed as he walked over to the machine, casting a glance my way quickly.

I hummed in reply and Four nodded towards the chair. I slowly made my way over towards it and sat down, only to being greeted by a small glass, filled with some kind of liquid, shoved infront of my face.

"What's this?" I asked sceptically.

"Just take it sis"

"And if you're trying to poison me?"

Four gave me an unamused looked before attaching some cables to me.

"Drink"

I rolled my eyes and downed the liquid, handing over the glass to him.

"Happy?"

"Very. Now just relax"

Easier said than done....

One second I was sitting in a chair with Four tapping away on a screen, the next I found myself on the bridge next to the Chasm.

I frowned and looked around. No one was in sight, and no noise could be heard coming from the hallways.

Everything was just, silent.

"(Y/n)!"

I whipped my head around just in time to see Rian fall of the edge. I dived towards him, and caught his hand just in time.

"Don't let go!" He yelled in a panic state and I groaned as I tried to lift him up.

"Four!" I yelled out as my hand started slipping from Rian's.

"He fell (Y/n)!", Rian shouted and my heart dropped. As I was struggling to keep my grip on Rian's hand, I quickly looked down to see Four laying on one of the sharp edges near the bottom of the Chasm.

Tears started streaming down my face, but blinked them away as I focused on not letting Rian go.

"Pull me up (Y/n)!", he yelled but tears threatened to fall again.

"I can't" I grunted as he slowly started slipping.

Footsteps then sounded to my left and before I knew what was happening, a gun went off and Rian's grip on my hand went limp. He slipt from my grasp and fell down.....

I screamed his name as the tears were now flowing down like rivers.

The person then walked off, as if nothing happened....

Rage over took my senses and I sprung up to run after them. Jumping onto them, we fell to the ground only to find myself some place else.

A place I knew all too well.....