Chapter 11

We got to The Pit and everywhere you looked, you could see all the parents from different factions waiting for their kids.

"Do you see your parents?" Crystal asked. I shook my head and sighed in relief.

"No, you?"

She smiled and waved at a group of Candors. "Yeah, there they are. Come meet them!" she said in excitement as she dragged me over to them.

As we approached, I saw Crystal's whole family smile at her as she approached.

"Guys, this is my best friend, (Y/n)" she introduced me and I smiled and waved at them.

The man and woman that were holding each other's hands, stepped forward and greeted me with open arms.

"Oh wow, look at you. You're beautiful darling" the woman said to me and I chuckled nervously.

"Thank you" I replied.

"Ooh dear, where's my manners. I'm Sofia, this is my husband Demetri and this is my son Jaden"

I smiled at all of them and looked at Crystal. She seemed to be overjoyed that her family were here.

My smile faltered a bit as I thought about them.

I wonder how it feels to have a family that loves you and accepts which ever faction you chose

Crystal started talking about everything that has happened here and just caught up with her family in general.

They even spoke to me, which had surprised me slightly.

"So, which faction are you from originally?" Dimitri asked.

"Oh, I'm from Abnegation" I answered truthfully.

The all looked shocked, while Crystal laughed.

"I know she doesn't seem like she came from there. We all were. She's actually really meant for Dauntless"

I chuckled, "If you say so"

She nudged me. "Your boyfriend would think so too" she teased.

I blushed and pushed her slightly.

Sofia looked at me with a smile. "You have a special someone?" she asked curiously.

I nodded shyly.

"He was must be lucky to have a girl like you" Jaden complimented and again I thanked him as I blushed lightly.

Crystal started talking with her family again, and I looked around the room. I spotted Eric in one of the corners and smiled as I watched him glare at some of the other initiates.

I tapped Crystal's shoulder, "I'll be off"

Turning to her family, I smile again. "It was so nice meeting all of you, but there's someone I need to go see real quick" I said and everyone nodded in understanding.

I then made my way over to Eric. As I was just a couple of steps away from him, someone grabbed my arm. I snapped my head towards the person, only to look at him in slight fear. Marcus.

"There you are" he gritted out in anger.

"Where's your brother?"

"The infirmary" I say confidently and try to hide my fear from him.

"Where were you going?" he asked aggressively.

I glanced at Eric and saw him looking in my direction. Looking back at Marcus, I spoke.

"Let me go" I said lowly.

His expression turned to furious, "I asked you a question and you dare to order me?"