Chapter 8

Waking up, I slowly opened my eyes to see a unfamiliar ceiling. I frown and tried to sit up, but immidiately regretted it as pain immitted from my side. I hissed softly and forced myself up to lean against the pillows, I had formerly laid my head on just a few moments ago.

Relaxing against the pillows , I released a ragged breath as the pain subsided. Looking around, I noticed that this must be the infirmary as I was laying on something similar to a hospital bed and a few more scattered in the room.

While taking in my surroundings, I heard a door burst open to my left and snapped my head over to see all my friends coming through. I smiled as they all rushed towards me and bombarded me with hugs.

I winced as Jay hugged me just a bit too tightly. "Sorry" he mumbled and smiled akwardly.

"So what happened while I was out?" I asked. Everyone got silent and Crystal looked at me, "About that....."

Selene then took over as Crystal was taking too long to tell me what happened.

"After Eric took you to the infirmary he came back after a hour or 2 then instructed everyone to continue with the fights . Though you could see he was ticked off and snapped at everyone when they made even the slightest mistakes. Finally Crystal slipped up as she conceded against her fight with that other Molly girl and he then acted all nice, leading all of us to a 'break' " she said and trailed off.

I frowned and nodded at her to continue.

She sighed, "He then led us to the Chasm and before we knew what was happening, he threw Crystal off the side. He made her hang over the Chasm for about five minutes before finally letting us pull her back up"

She finished her story, which left me both slightly shocked and mad at Eric's actions. But before I could ask them any more questions, someone burst through the door.

Someone ,looking like the doctor, entered and walked up towards me. She then indicated towards my friends that they must leave. Everyone nodded and headed towards the door, except for Selene.

She quickly turned to me, "Tonight, all of us initiates are gonna play capture the flag. You're supposed to be there but Eric said your staying behind. Because of this, you're going to drop in the ranks as this game is the last part of our first stage of training, which means this could get you enough points to stay in Dauntless or even in your cause-" she smiled, "to be first place. Eric said your staying behind, but I'll leave that up to you. You never listem to him anyways".

With a smirk on her face she leaves and runs to catch up to the rest. I turn to the doctor and she had a small smirk on her face.

"So your (Y/n).... nice to meet the initiate that has got guts to stand up against Eric. Names Silver" she said and I smiled in turn, while nodding my head in greeting.

"Let's check on how your doing and then I'll get you something, so you will be ready for tonight"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed through the halls and finally saw the door I had been looking for.

Picking up speed, I burst through the door to see the train starting to move. I spotted the last train cart's door was still open and I ran towards it in hope to be able to catch up and jump onto the train.

Sprinting as fast as I could in my state, I just about reached the door but was not able to get in. That was until my older brother's head popped out of the train and a smirk plastered itself on his face.

He reached his hand out towards me as he used his other to hold onto the train. I laughed slightly and jumped, grabbing his hand. He pulled me into the cart and shut the door behind me.