Chapter 13

After that whole situation yesterday, I had just gone to bed. That was after Four questioned me from the cafeteria, all the way to the dorms.

Since then I haven't heard anything from Eric ,and everyone (except my friends) only seemed to stare and whisper as they pass me.

And now, I was currently back in the room to go though my fears again. Four had just given me the liquid and moments later, I was back into the simulation.

The world grew dark before I found myself back at the edge of the Chasm.

"No" I muttered as I frantically looked around for Four or Rian. My eyes then caught a pair of hands, holding onto the edge and I dove towards them without a second thought.

My hand missed theirs, just by a inch and it felt like time slowed down. Four was the one falling this time and again tears slipped out of my eyes as I watched.

Hands then grabbed me from behind and started pulling me away from the edge.

"Let me go!" I yelled as I struggled to get out of their grip.

They threw me backwards and my back hit a wall painfully hard. I hissed is pain and looked up at the person.

Marcus.

Frustration started to build up again inside of me.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled.

He chuckled darkly, "Now why would I do that?"

I closed my eyes and whispered to myself, just like last time.

"You're not real"

Over and over again, until I felt everything around me change again.

I really need to figure out how I keep doing that....

Opening my eyes, I realize I'm back in Eric's apartment. My body tenses as I know what's about to happen.

"Dammit" I mutter through gritted teeth. My eyes land on the front door, and I quickly rush over towards it.

Reaching the door, I had just started to open the door when a hand came from behind and slammed the door shut again. The hand remained on the door and my breath hitched as I knew who it was.

I quickly spun around and came face to face, with Eric. He seemed furious and menacingly leaned closer towards me.

"You can't run anymore intiate" he gritted out.

His other hand snapped up towards me and grabbed ahold of my neck. My hands flew up towards his hand as I tried to claw his grip away, as my oxygen supply was being cut off.

"You really thought I would care about you?"

He laughs darkly as he shakes his head lightly, before throwing me to the side and I winced in pain as I hit the coffee table.

"Surely you had to know it was all just a game to me? Or were you really that stupid" he laughed.

I dropped my gaze to the floor and clenched my fist.

He stopped when he reached me. Crouching down to be closer to me, he lifted my chin with his hand roughly and made me look up at him.

"I'll never care about you and now that I know what you are.... I'm going to kill you, as slowly as I possibly can. To think that you thought I would let you live after I found out" he laughed.

Fear slowly started to grip my heart, as he turned to look at me. His hand went to his side and he pulled out a knife. He played with it in his hands before placing his gaze on mine.