006

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter six:rejections !

chapter six:
rejections !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA WAS IN the midst of putting another blanket on the pile of other blankets on the couch when the doorbell rang. Her and EJ were having a movie night, the two of them deciding to do so since it had been snowing non-stop. It only felt like the right thing to do. Popcorn and hot chocolate was set up on the counter for if they wanted it, and Violetta's parents were upstairs, so her and EJ would be completely unbothered.

She turned around to look at the door, smiling slightly. Violetta then walked up to the door and opened it, instantly shivering as the cold air entered her house. EJ was standing there, his eyes alight with excitement.

"Hey," Violetta greeted. She stepped aside to let him in, shutting the door. EJ took off his coat and shoes before facing her. "Why do you look so happy?"

EJ said nothing. All he did was hold up an envelope in his hand.

Violetta's eyebrows knit in confusion. "What is it?"

Once again, he didn't reply. All he did was hand her the envelope. Violetta took it and looked down. Her eyes scanned everything, but one thing stood out — Duke. Violetta's eyes widened and she looked up at him.

"Is this your acceptance letter?" Violetta asked excitedly.

EJ nodded. "And I want you to open it."

"Me?"

"Yeah," EJ continued. "I want it to be you who tells me everything about how I'm in."

Violetta let out a small laugh. "Okay. Come on."

She led him over to the couch. Violetta sat down, her knees tucked under her, while EJ sat next to her, placing his elbows on his knees. She looked back down at the envelope and took a deep breath. For some reason, she was nervous, and it wasn't even her getting into college.

"Ready?" Violetta questioned, but it was more for herself.

"Just open it, V," EJ encouraged with a large smile.

Violetta then opened the envelope. She pulled out the piece of paper that was in it and stared down its folded state. Her heart beating fast, she unfolded it and her eyes went to the top, looking at the Duke University crest. Violetta's eyes went down and started to read the main part of the letter.