018

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter eighteen:a dancer's tips !

chapter eighteen:
a dancer's tips !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS FINALLY opening night for Beauty and the Beast, and Violetta would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous.

Listen, she might've thought this whole Menkies competition was ridiculous, but it did mean a lot to Miss Jenn. Not to mention that they had all watched North High's production of the show the previous night, and it was actually pretty good. It was no secret that North High had a higher budget with their fancy costumes and their elaborate sets, but East High had heart. Violetta had faith they would do okay.

Currently, everyone was either running around on the stage or scrambling in the bomb shelter to get ready for the show. Violetta, already in her red Silly Girl dress, sat at one of the tables. She was applying some more blush to her face so she wouldn't get washed out from the stage lights when a new figure appeared behind her.

It was EJ, not dressed in his costume yet. Well, not full costume. He had his large Gaston eyebrows and sideburns on.

Violetta instantly laughed loudly. She dropped her blush brush onto the table and covered her mouth with her hand in effort to stop her laughter, but it was no use. He just looked too ridiculous. EJ rolled his eyes and hopped up to sit down on the counter.

"I'm sorry," Violetta let out. "I'm so sorry."

"No you're not," EJ replied. "Go on, laugh all you want."

"You just look funny."

"That's actually really great to hear from your girlfriend."

Violetta rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You excited for opening night?"

EJ smiled down at her. "Yeah, you?"

She shrugged, adjusting her dress a little bit in the mirror. "Kind of. Hate that it's for a competition, but it's whatever. But I get to dance, so that's a plus."

Athena suddenly came over near them with Natalie. Both Ricky and Athena had braces on their wrists after Ricky's fall when the rope snapped, and since neither of them had Understudies, they just had to deal with it. They had come up with the idea, though, to bedazzle Athena's brace so it would look prettier on stage, so that's what Natalie was doing.