019

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter nineteen:sad realizations !

chapter nineteen:
sad realizations !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

INTERMISSION WAS ALMOST over, and Violetta was found backstage, helping move around some props. Something There was the first song to be sung after intermission — which was Violetta's favorite song from Beauty and the Beast, might she add — and they had to set up the whole courtyard. She had just helped put the bench on the stage before she walked back into the wings.

"Oh, there you are," EJ stated, and Violetta looked up at him, grinning as he appeared in front of her. "Didn't get to catch you after Be Our Guest, which you absolutely killed, by the way."

Violetta let out a small laugh. "Thank you. And yeah, sorry, I was just helping them move props and stuff. Having a role as a dancer makes me have an extra set of hands, so it's all good. But can we talk about Gaston? It was perfect."

EJ waved her off. "Oh, stop it. But tell me more."

She rolled her eyes fondly. "You're such a dork."

"Yeah, well." EJ shrugged. "That's just who I am."

"Well, I guess it's good that I lo—" Violetta suddenly paused, her cheeks flushing red as she cleared her throat. "Like you just the way you are."

EJ smiled back at her, thankfully not noticing her mix-up. "Good to hear."

"Hey, you haven't seen Athena, have you?" Violetta asked. "I was going to try and convince her to talk to Ricky after the show."

"No, but I did see Ricky in one of the dressing rooms with Big Red on the way here."

Speaking of those two, they suddenly came into the wings as Natalie announced it was places. Violetta backed up into the shadows, taking EJ's hand in hers and pulling him with her. She peered at them from around the corner. Athena had her pinky extended to Ricky, and Ricky instantly interlocked his pinky with hers.

"I love you," Athena said to Ricky, making Violetta's eyes widen.

Ricky nodded in agreement, smiling at her like a lovesick puppy. "To the moon and to Saturn." They let go. "You okay now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Would now be the right time to compliment how stunning you look in that costume?"