009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter nine:the quinceañero !

chapter nine:
the quinceañero !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA HAD FILMED a Happy Birthday message for Carlos. EJ had started working with Mr. Mazzara in the AV club — which Violetta never saw coming. It was actually his whole idea to set up video messages. Violetta had just finished her speech about how much she adored Carlos when Miss Jenn came up to them, saying that there was only two minutes left until Carlos came.

The two of them joined their friends by the door of the barn to wait. EJ kissed the top of Violetta's head gently before going over to the door to help Ricky open it. Athena then came — she had been somewhere in the barn all night, but Violetta hadn't seen much of her. She situated herself in between Violetta and Gina, giving them a small smile in greeting. Violetta grinned back at her best friend. However, it slightly dropped when Gina just seemed to ignore it altogether.

"Open the doors!" Seb calledfrom outside, making Violetta snap her head towards the door.

EJ and Ricky opened the door together to reveal Seb and Carlos standing outside. Violetta slightly laughed at the way Carlos' face morphed into one of shock.

"Happy Birthday Carlos!" all of them yelled.

Carlos' eyes widened and he reached up, touching his hat. "Wait, this can't be happening."

"It is," Seb told him.

"I'm not wearing a party outfit."

"We got you covered."

Carlos quickly greeted everyone — Violetta giving him a tight hug — before leaving to go change into the party clothes Seb had gotten for him. Gina then tapped Violetta's shoulder and nodded her head towards the stage. It was time. Violetta scurried backstage and changed from her green dress and Converse into the costume for the dance, which was a floral dress with a huge removable skirt and black boots.

Violetta watched the stage from the wings. Everyone else was sitting on the hay bales, which included Carlos in a very glamorous outfit. Athena and Ricky then got up on the stage with microphones to introduce the number. Big Red shined a huge spotlight on them, making Ricky wince and squint. Athena slightly laughed at him.

"Yes, Athena and Ricky!" Kourtney shouted.

"Hey guys!" Athena exclaimed. She glanced over at Ricky for a moment. "Here's the one thing I want you to know . . ."