016

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter sixteen:boys versus girls !

chapter sixteen:
boys versus girls !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA COULDN'T GET Gina's words out of her head.

Yes, including the lyrics from Hercules.

It's not that she didn't not love EJ. Not to go all I Think I Kinda, You Know, but Violetta had been having that feeling for a while. She just never told anyone because . . . well, okay, fine, she was scared. Violetta had never really grown up with a feeling of love, only seeing it from afar with Athena's family. She knew she was loved by others, but it wasn't the same. That was more familial love and platonic love than anything. But real, romantic love . . . it was enough to make her want to run and hide.

Violetta didn't want to run anymore. Every time she looked at EJ, she could feel her insides get all fluttery and her heart start to race. As disgusting and infuriating as it was, it was true. That feeling hadn't gone away even though they had been dating for months. Violetta knew it was the l-word, yet every time she thought about telling him, she just panicked.

It certainly didn't help that he was graduating East High and going off to college soon. That made her even more scared. What if they didn't last? What if they were torn apart by some cruel trick of the universe? What if EJ found someone better?

God, she really needed to pull herself together.

Currently, Violetta stood on the stage at the first play rehearsal after spring break next to Athena. Her arms were crossed across her chest and a small smile was on her face as she watched EJ and Ricky play around with the Beast mask. EJ was currently holding the Beast mask above his head and Ricky was trying to get it back. Despite having that whole feud over Nini last semester, Violetta was just glad that the two of them were coming sort-of friends.

Violetta looked over at her best friend, and a knowing look appeared on her face along with a small smirk. Athena was staring straight at Ricky. There was a sort of longing gaze there. Despite being broken up, Violetta could tell that Athena could still get weak to her knees every time she looked at Ricky. In fact, it had been like that literally the entire day. It was definitely the first time Athena had seen Ricky since their break-up.

"You're staring again," Violetta said casually.

Athena blinked, snapping herself out of her trance and looking at her. "Hm?"