Chapter 1

Shikamaru's POV

"Why are we here again?" I asked them.

"We're supposed to guide the esports team to their boot camp." Replied Ino.

Man, what a drag. I'm supposed to be sleeping right now.

"Look alive Shikamaru! Here they come." Said Sakura while looking at the gate.

"I thought you said a team. I only see two people." I commented. I see a girl and a boy walking towards us.

"Hi! You must be the team captain? We are your guide." Said Ino to the boy.

"Nah girl, she's the team captain." Said the boy while pointing to the girl beside him.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know, I thought you are his girlfriend." Said Ino.

"Me? Hell no! I will never be his girlfriend. Yuck!" Replied the girl.

"As if I would want you to be my gf!" Said the boy.

"Come on, let's go! I wanna go home already. This whole situation is such a drag." I said to them. The girl raised her eyebrows to me and looked at me from head to toe.

We just started walking and Ino asked them some dumb questions.

"So, where are the rest of the team?" Asked her.

"Well, they stayed behind to enjoy the hot springs. They'll be here in a couple of days before the tournament begins." Replied the girl.

"We don't really like hot springs that's why we came here ahead of them." Added the boy.

"I didn't catch your names." Said Sakura.

"I'm Shine. He's Hiro." Said Shine.

"I'm Sakura, she's Ino and he's Shikamaru." Said Sakura.

We reached their boot camp and Ino opened the door with her keys.

"Dude, the Hokage really hooked us up!" Said Shine.

"I know right! This is huge!" Said Hiro.

"That's not it, you have your own rooftop!" Said Ino.

"Sick! I better enjoy my stay then." Said Shine.

"You guys, we're having a house party later, do you want to come?" Asked Ino.

Shine and Hiro looked at each other.

"What time is it cause we have scrim later." Asked Shine.

"Party starts at 8." Replied Ino.

"Cool, we'll be there. Our scrim ends around 7 pm." Said Shine.

"Shikamaru will pick you up." Said Ino and that made me looked at her.

"Come on! That's the only thing you'll do!" Said her so I sighed in defeat.

"Okay, we'll let you settle in. See you later!" Said Ino and they bid goodbye then we walked away.

"Shika, why are your gaze pinned on Shine?" Asked Ino.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You've been looking at her since she got here." She replied. We're currently on our way to the Hokage office to make a report.

"I was just amazed that a girl like her got into esports." I said.

Sakura knocked on the door and we entered the office.

"How are they?" Asked Lady Tsunade.

"Already settled in but there are only two of them. They say that the rest we'll come in a few days." Sakura replied.

"Good, remember this is your mission so take good care of them. Guide them around the village, show them nice restaurants and stuffs." Said Lady Tsunade and we just nodded.

We left the office and we went on our own way. I need to get ready for the party.

Shine's POV

"That Shitake dude is scary." I told Hiro.

"Who?" He asked.

"Shitake. The guy who were with Sakura and Ino." I replied.

"Shikamaru! Not Shitake!" He said and we both laughed.

"I think we should get ready for the party now so we can go after the scrim." He added and I agreed.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower and when I was finished, I put on a black skirt with buckles on the sides and I wore a fishnet long sleeves underneath my crop top.

After I finished getting dressed, Hiro just finished taking a shower too.

I sat on the living room since that's where we are going to do our scrim. I opened my phone and called our other teammates.

"Hey, Shine. How's it going?"

"Don't forget our scrim, okay? It starts in an hour."

"Yeah. We're getting ready ourselves."

"Okay. Open mic later for better communication."

"Yes, captain. Bye."

"Bye."

After we hang up, I opened the game and fix some of my emblems and hero build.

"Hey, Shine. Do you think I'm over dressing for a house party?" Hiro asked me while walking towards my location. He's wearing a navy-blue polo with khaki shorts.

"Nope. You look great." I commented.

"Thanks, are we starting already?" He asked.

"Nope. Not yet, I'm just fixing my build. You should too." I replied and he nodded.

He opened his game too and started doing the same.

"Who are we playing against?" He asked.

"I think it RSG Malaysia." I replied.

Shikamaru's POV

"Don't tell anyone I buy from you." I said to my dealer.

"Of course. You're my best seller, why would I get you in trouble." He replied and he took off.

Ino asked me to buy some weeds for the party. She said they'll handle the drinks and I'll handle the weed.

It's almost 7 pm now. I think I should head to Shine's boot camp to pick them up. I lit one of my cigarettes and started smoking while walking to their place.

Once I was in front of their door, I can hear Shine yelling.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CHARGE IN!" She yelled. I peeked a little in the slightly opened door to see what's happening.

"I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU WANDERING THERE! IF THEY GOT YOU, WE'LL ALL DIE!" Yelled Hiro back.

"I WAS CHECKING THE BUSH TO SEE IF THERE'S ANYONE AND IF IT'S SAFE TO TAKE THE TURTLE!" Shine yelled. I opened the door even bigger and entered their boot camp.

"What's with the yelling?" I asked.

"Sorry, I was just frustrated. We almost lost to our scrim." Shine replied.

"Come on now." I said.