Chapter 15

The day of the grand finals...

"I can't breathe... I can't breathe, cheeses!" I yelled.

"Calm the fuck down! You're making me nervous too!" Yelled Julian. Now I'm calmed down because this is the first time that he yelled.

"Hey, coach. Can you ask the management what are prohibited poses that we can't do?" Asked Cil and coach nodded then he left the us.

Cil grabbed me by my arms and dragged me out of there.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him.

"You're way too nervous." He replied then he lets me go when we reached Ino and the others.

"Hey, Shine! Good luck!" Said Naruto with a wide smile.

"Calm her down." Said Cil.

"I don't think I can." I said then I felt like my eyes are watering.

"Shine, look at me. You can do it, okay? This is your moment. All of your hard work is going to pay off." Said Sakura with a smile and I nodded at her.

"You can do it, Shine! We'll be watching you getting that trophy." Said Kiba.

"Okay, I think I'm calmed down." I said while slowly breathing in and out.

"Good luck." Said Shikamaru while looking away.

"Thanks." I said and I turned around. Before I could walk away, I felt his hand grabbing my arm. I looked back and he pulled me to him to give me a hug. A tight, warm hug.

I felt safe, calm, and happy. I feel like I can win this tournament. I pulled away and smile at him.

"Oh, I'm not done." He said and he claimed my lips.

"Come on! Coach might see you at any moment." Said Cil and I pulled away.

"See you in the audience." I said and they nodded with a smile.

We left them and when we got back to our team, coach told us that there are no prohibited poses. We can do whatever pose we like even if it's provocative.

"Okay, this is it. I don't want to put pressure on you but please, win and get that trophy." Said coach.

We put our hand on top of each other and yelled our mantra.

"ALTER EGO! GO! GO! GO!" We yelled and we started to head to the stage as we heard the emcee called us.

Guide me, brother.

3rd person's POV

Ino and the others already made their way to the audience and settled in. It's now time for Shine and her team to walk to the stage when the emcee called them.

"Alter Ego esports lead by their team captain Shine together with their coach Axel." Said the emcee and the team posed on the center stage as the photographer takes their photo.

Many fans cheered for them and so are Naruto and the others.

"Shine, the team captain. Did you prepare any strategies to win this game?" Asked the emcee.

"Of course. We also prepared something unexpected and that will shock the hell out of you all here today." Replied Shine.

"Ooh, I like the suspense. What could it be? Can you give us a hint? Is it about the game play or strategies?" Asked the emcee.

"More about the game play but also about a player." Replied Shine.

"Wow, that made me really excited to be honest. Alter Ego?" Said the emcee.

"Go! Go! Go!" Said the team.

They made their way to the left side of the stage where their phones and other equipment are.

The draft pick began and Shine seemed so calm despite of what she's been feeling earlier. As the team captain, she helps her team in the draft picking. Also, their opponent is Kyy's team. The Bigetron Alpha.

The audience can see every member to a huge screen in front of them. Shine looked at the camera and she winked. That made some fans scream.

Shikamaru blushed and he screamed internally. He felt like Shine's directly winked at her.

The draft pick was over and the game began. This session is a best of 8 match and the 1st team to get 4 wins, will take home the trophy and will be considered as world champions.

The audience as well as the players are hyped up. It seems like Naruto, Kiba and Neji are hyped as well and the others are just... nervous.

"That was a nice set by captain Shine however, Celiboy didn't deal as much damage as he should and they only took down Branz." Said the caster.

On stage...

"Sorry captain." Said Cil.

"That's fine. Don't farm anymore just push. Pai will deal with it." Said Shine. Cil did what he was told and none of the opponent's player noticed him. He continued the Segway push and eventually, they ruined the base of their opponents.

"And that's it! Alter Ego takes game number 1." Said the casters.

3 games later...

"This is the moment of truth. If BTR didn't manage to win this one, then we have our world champions. Shine only need to pick off three members and they might actually end this." Said the caster.

"This is actually new to everyone. Shine who's a mage, tank, and support user is now actually the core and damage dealer while the whole team adjust and I guess, it's working." Said the other caster.

"Oh my god. Look at that nice set given by LeoMurphy and Shine managed to pick them all off! It's a savage for captain Shine and for the Alter Ego! Everyone! We have our world champion!" Said the caster as the fans rejoice.

Shikamaru and everyone sighed in relief and they are now all hyped up.

Shine jumped out of their booth and ran to the opposing team. She made a pose that looks like she's choking herself.

"Choke pose by Shine. If that's prohibited, she'll be in trouble but it's not so, it's fine." Said the emcee.

The team went on the stage looking so happy with tears and red eyes.

"That was a nice game. Indeed, we were surprised by Shine who suddenly became the damage dealer. Alter Ego, please receive your medals and trophy." Said the emcee and the team did what he said.

"To our MVP of the year, captain Shine! Continuing your brother's footsteps huh? Tell me, why are you so emotional right now?" Asked the emcee.

"Cause I promised my brother I'll take care of his team and we will win this year's world championship. Now I get to finally fulfill it." Replied Shine while wiping her tears.

"Coach Axel, do you have anything to say?" Asked the emcee.

"I would like to thank all the fans, the management, our friends and of course, captain. Thank you for not giving up on us." Said Coach.

They took pictures with the trophy and left the stage. The others met up with them.

Shine ran to Shikamaru with her arms open and jumped to him into a hug. Shika gladly received it.

Shine's so happy she kissed him in front of the whole team and the other team.

"Congratulations." Said Shika as he pulled away.

"Thank you!" Shine said and she hugged him again.

"Shine, you have some explaining to do..." SaidIno while looking at Shine's back. Shine suddenly came to her senses. Uh oh.