Chapter 11

Shine's POV

I just got here in the headquarters and I saw Kyy. I thought it was team captain's meeting only? Why is he here?

"Hey. Why are you here?" I asked.

"They asked me to come. I heard that we'll have a photoshoot for the grand finals poster." He replied.

"Really? Coach said that there's gonna be a meeting for the team captains." I said to him.

"That's what they told me." He said.

"Hey, you two! Come in here and we'll start the shoot." Said the head of the management. Kyy and I just looked at each other.

"Why did they ask you and your team captain?" I asked as we enter the room.

"I think they want the reigning MVP of each other's team." He replied.

"Make sense." I commented.

I went to change my top to my jersey and went to hair and make-up. After that, Kyy and I made our way to the place where we will take our pictures.

They made us do several poses and told us that they'll send us our personal copies so we can post it on our social media.

"Hey Shine, do you want to go get some drinks with me?" Asked Kyy before I could left the room.

"What do you mean drinks?" I asked.

"you know, coffee, soda, stuffs like that." He replied.

"Yeah, sure, I don't see why not." I replied.

We left the headquarters and made our way to a store or should I say café? They sell teas, coffee, dango and some other stuffs. After we ordered, we took a seat and waited for our drinks.

"Do you mind taking a picture with me?" He asked.

"Of course not." I replied and he took out his phone to take our pictures and he posted it on his story.

"Did you tag me?" I asked.

"Yes, I did." He replied. He leaned forward to my ear and whispered,

"Do you know that guy at the back? He keeps on looking at you like he knows you."

I looked back and there I saw Itachi with some of friends. He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not again." I retorted.

"He's my friends' brother." I told Kyy.

"I see." He said and he got up to get our drinks.

Itachi sat beside me and he put his left arm on my shoulders.

"Dating other guy behind Nara's back?" He said.

"We are not on a date and besides, why do you care?" I asked.

"Cause you're so in denial. Just admit it already so you don't have to use other guy." He replied.

"I don't like him and Kyy is just a friend." I said.

Good thing, Kyy already made his way to us.

"Hey, I'm Kyy. Shine's friend." Said Kyy to Itachi.

"I'm Uchiha Itachi. Shine's... acquaintance." He replied.

"Itachi, go away. You're ruining my mood." I told him and removed his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay, princess." He said and he left us.

"So annoying as ever." I said as I took a sip on my coffee.

"What's he on about? Does he like you?" Asked Kyy.

"No. He's teasing my about some guy." I replied.

"The guy you kissed when you secured your grand finals spot?" He asked and that made my eyes widened.

"You saw that?!" I asked.

"Yeah. I was about to congratulate your team and there I saw you kiss him." He replied.

"Oh... Well, yeah he was teasing me to him." I said.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Kind of." I replied.

"What do you mean kind of? It's just a yes or no." He said.

"Well, they made us date and whoever falls in love first, will pay 10,000 ryo to the winner." I said.

"I see, you don't want to admit it because you don't want to lose." He said.

We continued talking and laughing until someone interrupted us.

"Shine. I've been looking all over for you." Said Shikamaru.

"How did you find me here?" I asked him.

"Itachi told me." He replied.

"That fucking snitch." I said.

"Hiro made me fetch you." He said.

"Okay. I'll be going now, Kyy. See you soon." I said and he smiled at me.

Shikamaru and I left the café and none of us is talking. I just felt him hold my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"What's wrong?" I asked cause I can't bear the deadly silence between us.

"Nothing." He replied.

"Are you sure?" I asked again.

We stopped walking and he looked at me then he took a deep sigh.

"Yes! I told you nothing's wrong!" He said in a high tone. That made my heart ache a little.

I harshly took my hand from him and walked away. I don't know where I'm going at this point but I don't care. He doesn't have to yell at me. I was just making sure.

"Hey, Shine! Where are you going?" Asked Ino.

"Nowhere! I don't want to continue that stupid game anymore. I quit!" I told her and ran again.

The sky started crying and I slowed down my pace. Why does my feelings feel heavy? I also felt that I'm crying as well.

I made my way to the boot camp and was greeted by Pai.

"Why are you all wet?" He asked.

"It's raining." I replied and I entered the house.

"Did something happen?" Asked Cil who just came out of the kitchen.

"No. I don't want to talk to anyone for now. Just leave me alone." I replied and went to my room.

I decided to take a shower and head to bed early. I haven't eaten anything for the whole day but I feel full. I curled up into a ball and cried my heart out. Maybe Itachi is right after all. I maybe falling for Shikamaru.

Of course, I had to fuck it up. I always fuck things up.

"Shine?" Called Hiro from outside but I just pretended to sleep.