Chapter 16

"Since when are you dating him?" Asked coach.

"I wouldn't call it dating..." Replied Shine with an awkward smile.

"What do you mean? You kissed him in front of us." Said coach.

"We're not official. Just let it go coach, we won. Treat us." Said Shine and coach sighed in defeat.

"Okay. Are you guys coming?" Coach asked Ino and the others but they refused.

"I'll come by later." Said Shikamaru and she gave Shine a peck on her lips before they left.

Shine saw the opposing team looking down. She felt kinda guilty because of what she did so she walked to them.

"Hey, I'm sorry for posing like that. I was just hyped up." Said Shine.

"Duh, it's fine! If we won, we'll do the same. You guys deserve to win. Thank you for being our inspiration to try harder." Said Branz.

"I'll see you next season, then." Said Shine with a smile and Branz offered his hand for a handshake and she gladly accepted it.

"We'll come back stronger." Said Kyy and Shine smiled at him.

"Do you mind taking picture with us so the fans will know there's no bad blood between us?" Asked their coach and Shine nodded.

Shine took a pic with them and she bid goodbye.

They headed to the restaurant coach reserved and they eat in peace. Shine was scrolling to her social media and she saw that the BTR's account tagged her in a post saying...

'There's no bad blood between us. She was just hyped up. Congrats Alter Ego!'

After they eat, they decided to walk home since it's already dark. Their journey comes to an end. She'll leave the village soon and probably, him.

When they opened the door, Ino and the others surprised them with a party. All of the other teams are here even the BTR and RSG.

Shine's POV

I was shocked when I saw everyone here. As in, everyone.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" They yelled and they threw confetti at us.

They started to party while I sat in the living room. I'm so tired so I decided to go on live and apologize to the fans myself.

"Hey guys, I just want to say sorry to the BTR fans. We don't have bad blood at all. I'm telling you the truth." I told them.

Someone asked why it is noisy in here.

"We're having a party and everyone came. Kyy! Come here!" I told Kyy and he came to me.

"See, we're not enemies. We're friends." I told them.

"Don't be mad at her. If we were the one who won, we'll do the same." Said Kyy while drinking a cocktail.

"That's it guys. Thank you for everyone who supported us until now. See you next season." I said and ended the live.

We drank like there's no tomorrow and I immediately feel dizzy cause I've been so hyper.

"Hey guys. I just want a moment of silence for our fallen member, Rehan." Said coach then he turned off the music.

"A lot of you all know, we lost Rehan before this season starts. It wasn't a shock to us but we were not prepared at all." The team came over to me and sat with me on the couch.

"Shine, I want you to watch this." Said coach and he turned on the tv.

There I saw my brother, a healthy, happy, and strong Rehan. That made my eyes water immediately.

Hey Belle. How's it going? You're probably shocked right now cause you're seeing this. I filmed this the day I found out I have cancer. I told coach to play this when you've won your first professional league championship. I'm very proud of you that you have reached this far. I know you just want to continue my legacy but, you already made your own. I can still remember when I introduced you the game. I saw the potential in you that's why we took you as a talent. From just borrowing my phone to play, now you're competing with other teams from all over the world. I am very proud of you. Take care of the team for me, please? Win them the championship I can't give. Continue what you are doing and continue making your legacy. Until we meet again, my sunshine.

After the message, a slideshow of our pictures played with background music and I couldn't control my tears so I grabbed knees and buried my face but Hiro and Julian hugged me. They're crying too.

After the slideshow played, coach looked at me.

"You have to let him go, Shine." He said. I stood up and looked at him.

"Never." I replied then I ran upstairs to the rooftop and sat on the fence.

I'm supposed to be happy because we won and I fulfilled my brother's dream but, I just couldn't let him go.

I bowed my head because I saw Shikamaru on the door. He went after me.

"Hey." He said as he sits next to me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Cause you're upset. I don't want to get upset." He replied.

He made me look at him and wiped my tears away.

"Who was the guy in the video?" He asked.

"My brother. He's the reason why I'm here today." I replied.

"You're following his legacy, huh." He said.

"Yeah. And I'm taking care of his team. If it wasn't for him, I'll be stuck somewhere rebelling myself." I told him. He scoot near me and gave me hug.

I rest my head on his shoulder and he rest his head on top of mine.

"I see. It must be hard for you since you don't have that kind of support system anymore." Said him.

"Kind of. I tried my best not to tell anyone about him cause I haven't moved on yet. It still feels like I lost him yesterday." I said.

"Coach was right. You have to let go of him if you want to keep going. I'll be your support system." He said and that made my heart skipped a beat.

I should tell him that I lost already. I'll be gone in a couple of days anyway.

"I have to tell you something." I told him and looked at him in his eyes.

"Game over. I love you." I said with tears escaping my eye.

His eyes widened and his lips formed a smile.

"Funny cause, I feel the same a long time ago. We both lost. I love you too." He said and he claimed my lips.

This is the only game that I can enjoy as a loser. I'm happy to say that it's game over.

Completed as of October 31, 2021

All Rights Reserved

Zhax_Kastiya