The Bad Boy and the Visit

Chapter 3

The Bad Boy and the Visit

I clutch my book closely to my chest and walked out of the double doors of the school and headed for the parking lot. I let my eyes wander to the corner of the parking lot where I would find the person I would have to photograph standing around with his gang. I slowly started walking in that direction and saw many people look at me curiously and some girls even glared at me, but I didn’t pay any real attention, I just kept walking. As I got closer I saw Ash look at me and smile. He walked towards me and slung his arm over my shoulders making me flinch. I really didn’t like people touching me so suddenly. As I flinched I saw Luka look over at me and frown, something flashed in his eyes and I could have sworn I saw concern, but it was gone before I could be sure. Luka was leaning up against his black motorcycle smoking another cigarette. His hair fell into his eyes once again as he tilted his head to the side studying me, his dark green eyes intense as he looked me in the eyes. I shivered. I felt as if he could see through all my walls and protective barriers and see the real me, the broken and scared me, and that frightened me.

 “What do you need beautiful” Ash asked. I slowly pulled my eyes away from Luka to look at him.

 “I need to tell Luka something” I whispered. Luka stood up to his full height and towered over me, his 6’5 frame towering over my small 5’4 frame. He threw his cigarette on the ground.

 “Alright, what do you want” he asked, a bored expression on his face. I lowered my head and tried to back away. I didn’t like how close they all were, it was putting me on edge. Ash tightened his grip on my arm, I winced in pain knowing I would have a bruise there later tonight. Luka glared at Ash but Ash just smiled down at me, ignoring Luka’s glare.

 “Go on sweetheart, you can say it in front of all of us. We’ve all heard it before. How much you love our boss and how you want to be with him” Ash said. I made a disgusted face and Ash laughed.

 “What’s that face for sweetheart” he asked.

 “I don’t love Luka, to be honest I don’t even like him, but I have to do a project with him or I fail my class” I said, my voice hard with anger. Ashes eyes widened in surprise.

 “You’re not in love with Luka” he asked. I shook my head and sighed in annoyance then turned to Luka.

 “I don’t know if you know or not but the photography class has to learn about one person or group and take pictures that represent the life of that person or group. If we fail this project we fail this class, and I CAN’T fail” I said looking up at Luka with pleading eyes. Luka looked down at me and sighed.

 “I knew about the project, and I’ll let you follow me around, but I will not open up to you. You will never understand me, is this understood” he asked. I nodded. He sighed.

 “Alright I’ll take you to my house Friday. That’s the only day I’m free” he said. I nodded.

 “I still have to take pictures of you in school” I mumbled. Luka chuckled, the sound low and calming.