The Bad Boy and the Bitch

Chapter 5

The Bad Boy and the Bitch

           I woke up gasping for breath. You would think that after a few years of these hellish dreams you would be used to it, but the dreams seemed so real. The blood on my hands. My mother's screams. Him laughing at us as I watch her die right before me. I shook my head.

            "Don't think about that" I said to myself as I got up to get ready for school. After I had finished getting ready I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on an oversized hoodie over my short sleeve blue shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. I pulled on my boots before walking down the stairs and out of the house. I didn't bother grabbing anything to eat, I was so nervous I don't think my stomach could handle any food.

I walked to school like any other day, but as I got to the parking lot I was tripped by a girl and fell to the floor scraping my knee. As I hit the ground I turned to see Lucy, the schools slut and her minions standing behind me laughing.

 "You really need to watch where you're going" she said with a fake squeaky laugh. I sighed and slowly gathered my things, but as I was standing up Lucy kicked me back down, her foot hitting my already bruised ribs. I hissed in pain and fell back to the ground clutching them as she pushed her fake blond hair out of the way and wobbled away in her six inch heels. I slowly stood and gathered my things once again. I didn't expect anyone to help me. No one dared get on Lucy's bad side. I stood and limped into the building. I was half way there when I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I flinched and was about to push the person away when he spoke.

 "Careful, I'm just going to walk you to the nurse" Ash said. I flinched again but nodded. I didn't want to make him angry and him harm me again. I was silent as he walked me to the nurse getting angry glares as I walked by. This was going to be one long Friday.

I sighed as I walked into my last class, photography, and sat down waiting on the teacher. I looked down at my desk and laid my head down feeling really sleepy all of a sudden. I was half asleep when someone came and sat beside me. I turned to see Luka sitting in the desk beside me, a frown on his face like always.

 "What are you doing here" I asked without thinking. Luka looked over at me and shook his head.

 "I'm here because you have that stupid project" he mumbled. I nodded.

 "Sorry" I mumbled softly before resting my head down on the desk again. He stayed silent for the rest of the time till the bell rang, causing me to jump a little from the unexpected sound. Luka snickered at me and I blushed. Miss Bell came in and sat down at her desk assuming we knew what to do. I turned to Luka but as I was turning I hit my ribs on the table and gasped in pain and clutched them tightly. Luka looked over at me and thought I saw concern flash in his eyes, but once again it was gone too fast to be sure. I straightened and took a small breath.

 "Ok, so I think I'll just ask a few simple questions and go from there" I said. Luka nodded.

 "Ok, first things first, favorite color" I asked. Luka chuckled.

 "My favorite color? What grade are you in, second? Come on, you're such a child" he mumbled. I glared at him, not liking what he had just said. If he only knew what I went through he wouldn't say such a thing. He must have noticed my glare because he laughed harder.

 "Oh no. I've made little miss perfect mad. I'm so scared" he mocked. I sighed and turned away from and walked to Miss Bell.

 "Miss Bell may I use the restroom" I asked. She nodded and I turned and left the room without a second glance at Luka. I walked to the bathroom and pulled up my shirt looking at the big ugly bruise running along my ribs. I prodded at them and winced as I hit a very tender spot. One or maybe even two of my ribs were now broken. I pulled my shirt down quickly as I heard someone enter the bathroom. I turned to see Lucy and her friends walk in. As they saw me Lucy glared.

 "Well if it isn't the slut herself" she hissed. I just stared at her, after all the names I've been called you learn to ignore it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I just looked down and tried to walk past her but she had other ideas. She reached back and slapped me across the face making me fall to the ground. I stayed there, playing the helpless little girl act I always played. I knew how to fight her off. I knew how to break her wrist with one movement, but I couldn't. I didn't need people talking about it. I didn't need the attention. I didn't need old enemies coming back to find me again. Lucy glared at me as I laid on the ground looking up at her.

 "Stay away from Luka or I'll kill you" she hissed. I shook my head.

 "I can't" I whispered. She picked me up by the hair and slammed me against the wall.

"Why not" she hissed. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could Lucy was pulled away from me and a very bored looking Luka stared back at me.

 "What's going on" he asked. Lucy fell to the ground and looked up at him. I gasped. She had fake tears in her eyes.

 "She was going to take you away from me. She said she was your girlfriend and that I was nothing to you" she whimpered, big fat tears slid down her face ruining her mask of makeup. Luka sighed.

 "I'm not your boyfriend. I never was. The only reason I'm talking to Anastasia is because of a project for her class" he said. Lucy sniffled.

 "I am your girlfriend. I love you" she said reaching out for Luka, but he pushed her away.

 "No you don't. You don't even know what love is" he hissed "and if I even see you near Anastasia again I will humiliate you so badly you will never want to show your fake ass face again" he said. Lucy gasped. I slowly pushed off the wall and approached Luka. Lucy saw me move and glared at me, but with Luka here I could be a little stronger knowing if anyone asked I could just say it was because I knew Lucy wouldn't do anything with him there.

 "Just leave bitch" I whispered walking up beside Luka. He looked down at me in amusement.

 "What did you just say" she screeched. I sighed and rubbed my head, a small headache had formed because of her loud squeaky voice.

 "I said just leave bitch" I said louder.

 "Yeah, you heard her. Leave bitch" Luka said with a small laugh. Lucy gasped and ran out of the room, more tears falling form her face, but we both knew better. She wasn't crying, she was planning our doom. After she had left Luka turned to me.

 "The bell rang. I have your stuff in my car" he mumbled. I nodded.

"Can you give me a second" I asked. Luka nodded and walked out of the bathroom. I turned to the mirror and looked and my cheek. It was red from where Lucy had slapped me, but it wasn't going to leave a bruise. I washed my face and walked out of the bathroom to see Luka leaning against the wall. He looked at me then pushed off the wall and we began to walk to the parking lot. When a hand touched my arm I flinched and jumped away. Luka pulled his hand back and stared at me for a moment before speaking.

 "Are you alright" he asked. I nodded automatically.

 "I'm fine" I said, repeating the little lie I always used when someone asked how I was. It was easier then explaining how fucked up my life is. He nodded and for once in my life I couldn't tell if he believed me or not. Usually I could tell if people believed me or not, but with him I have no idea.

 "Come on" he said. I nodded and followed him to his car and got in. The ride to his house was silent, but I didn't care. I leaned against the widow and let the quite lull of the engine sing me into a dreamless sleep.