Run away love

Chapter 16

Run away love

I walked into my last class, photography, and sat down. A few seconds later Luka walked in, he sat down behind me and I turned around to face him. He was looking down at a sketch book rubbing his fingers over the drawing, smoothing the lines out. I couldn't tell what he was drawing but he was so focused he didn't notice me pull out my camera and take a picture until the flash went off. He looked up at me and shook his head.

 "Why did you do that" he asked.

 "Because it's part of the assignment, and I don't think you want me writing and taking pictures of you and the gang talking about a drug deal or something. So I'm gonna take pictures of you doing normal things you like, like drawing" I said gesturing down to the sketch pad he had. He nodded and closed the book.

 "Ok" he said.

 "What were you drawing" I asked. He shook his head.

 "I can't tell you yet" he said. I frowned.

"Why not" I asked. He smiled.

 "It's a surprise" he said placing his finger to my lips. I smiled a nipped his finger. He pulled it back and laughed.

 "I didn't expect that" he said. I giggled and shrugged.

 "Maybe you don't know me as much as you think" I said. His eyes narrowed.

 "Maybe I don't, you're not like every other girl" he said. I looked up at him.

 "What do you mean" I asked. He shrugged.

 "I don't know, you're just different, but I like it" he said. I blushed and looked back down at the camera.

 "I like it a lot" I heard him faintly mumble, but I didn't look up. I don't think I was supposed to hear that so I ignored it, but that didn't mean I didn't feel the butterfly's take off in my stomach and feel my heart begin to race like I had just finished a fight. I sighed in relief when the bell rang and the class began. I looked up at Luka.

 "Ok, so tonight I will come over and we can take some pictures and maybe some with the gang, they are your friends after all" I said. He nodded.

 "I also play football. I know the season is over but we're playing against the graduated seniors of last year. The game is tomorrow, so you can get some pictures then...I mean if you can come" he said rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled.

 "I'll come" I said. He smiled, a slight pink flush on his cheeks. I raised the camera and took a picture. He jumped.

 "Wait, no, don't take a picture" he exclaimed. I giggled and pulled the picture up on my camara. He was staring at the camera his hand resting on the back of his neck and a small blush covering his cheeks. I smiled.

 "I like it" I said. He huffed.

 "You're not using that picture" he said firmly. I flinched at his tone and nodded mutely. Luka sighed.

 "Anna.." he started to say but the bell rang and I ran out of the room. I heard him calling me but I ignored him and ran to Day, he was standing beside his truck with Night. I smiled and walked up to them.

 "So is he riding with us to Lukas" I asked, trying to hide my shaking. Day nodded and turned back to Night who had a small blushing on his cheeks.

 "I'm sorry" he mumbled to me. My eyes widened.

 "What for" I asked. He looked down.

 "I'm gonna have to make you sit in the back, I um, I..." I smiled at him.

 "It's ok, I don't mind. I think the two of you are adorable" I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Luka exist the school. My eyes widened as he started walking towards me. I turned to Day.

 "Hurry up love birds" I said as I hopped into the back of the truck. Day chuckled and helped Night up into the truck and then hopped in and we drove off. I turned back to see Luka staring at the truck as it drove off. I hope I didn't anger him.