Peace before The Call

OK GUYS I AM SO VERY SORRY! I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY AND ITS NOT GONNA SLOW DOWN. I WILL UPDATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE I PROMISE! AND IM SO CLOSE TO
FINISHING THIS BOOK! I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!!

Chapter 32

Peace before The Call

I let the kiss go on for a moment before pulling back.

"Luka you need sleep. No offence, but you look like shit." I said. He chuckled.

"Thanks." He said sarcastically. I nodded. He frowned slightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nothing's wrong. I was just wondering why you act like such a good girl when I know for a fact that you're not. I mean, not just anyone would know how to deal with a bullet wound, or catch Lucy's hand like you did. Yea that's right, Ash told me how you fought back, and don't think I don't notice how you tense and and raise to the balls of your feet when you feel threatened. You know how to fight, I can see it." He said. I shivered at how easily he could read me.

"Am I really that much of an open book?" I asked looking down. Luka sighed and kissed my head.

"No, only to me because I pay attention. I look for your every reaction so I know what's going on inside your head. Or I try to." He said. I nodded.

"Do you want to explain how you know how to fight?" He asked seriously. I sighed.

"I didn't want to be the weak girl everyone thought they could beat on. If I ever saw my father again then I wanted to show him I wasn't the same weak girl he beat on before we escaped." I said, only partly lying. I didn't add in the fact that I also used my skills to gain needed money from illegal fights for our bills and other things. Luka nodded.

"You'll never have to deal with him again. I'll protect you." He said. I nodded, but in the back of my mind I knew he couldn't keep that promise, even if he tried. I knew my father would come back. If not for my mom then for me, the person he had stalked just months ago. He's here, waiting for something. I just didn't know what...yet.

Luka smiled at me and leaned forward to kiss me once more. I smiled before kissing him back. I was falling for him. I was scared to say it, even to myself, but I may even be in love with him. I moved forward on his lap, trying to get closer to him. He groaned and grabbed my hips to stop me. I pulled back from the kiss and stared at him. He watched me closely.

"You might want to watch what you're doing right now." He said. I tilted my head and rocked my hips again. His jaw tightened. I smirked.

"Anna..." He said slowly, trying to keep his composure. I giggled.

"What's wrong?" I asked innocently. He shook his head.

"You're so innocent Love. I don't want to hurt you. You can't do this or I'm going to lose control." He said. I smiled and kissed his nose.

"You wouldn't hurt me." I whispered. He grunted.

"I'm not so sure yet." He said. I sighed.

"I'll stop." I said as I kissed him once again and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled against my lips.

"I would never want you to stop this." He said.

"Good." Was my only answer. After that, words weren't needed.

My hands slid down his neck to his chest. I felt his muscles under the thin cotton t shirt. His hand slid up my leg to my thigh, pushing his shirt up a little as his hand traveled higher. His other hand did the same. I pulled back from the kiss to breath and moaned as his hands squeezed my thighs. He smirked. I glared at him. He thought he had the upper hand. I would show him who really had it.

I leaned forward and kissed the corner of his lips, then made my way to his jaw and down to his neck. He moaned when I found his sweet spot. I smirked and started nibbling on it. He hissed and gripped my thighs a little harder. I shivered and sucked hard on his neck one last time before pulling back. He had closed his eyes and laid his head back, I smiled as I saw his chest rise and fall in a fast pace. I placed my head against his chest and my smile grew as I heard his heart beating just as fast as my own.

Luka wrapped his arms around my waist and we just laid there, happy to be in each other's company. I was drifting off to sleep when the phone rang, ruining any chance of peace. I groaned and tried to get up but Luka pulled me back down.

"Let it ring." He whispered. I sighed.

"I would, but it could be important." I said. He sighed.

"Go answer it." He grumbled, but he refused to let me go. I giggled.

"You're gonna have to let me go you know." I said. He nodded.

"I know." He said as he slowly let me get up. I giggled as I got up to get the phone.

"Hello?" I asked. Static could be heard before I heard a voice I hopped to never hear again.

"So...I hear you're Lukas girl. Interesting, I wonder what he would think if he knew you were my daughter." He said. I froze.

"What do you want?" I asked, venom dripping from my voice. I heard Luka get up and race towards me. He pulled the phone from my hands and put it on speaker, motioning for me to keep talking like nothing had happened. My father laughed.

"I was just going to call and tell my daughter congratulations on becoming my enemy, that's all." He said. I snorted.

"As if that was your reason for calling me. I was already your enemy before this. Now. What. Is. It." I demanded. He laughed once more.

"You were always the smart one, so unlike your mother. You know, you've always been more like me. You even look like me." He said. I shivered in disgust.

"I am mothing like you." I said. Luka wrapped his arms around me from behind, offering me silent support.

"Is that so? Huh. We'll see." He said before he hung up. I stared at the phone as all my energy left me and I collapsed against Luka.

The last thing I remember is Luka carrying me to bed and his distant voice talking to the gang over the phone before darkness once again enveloped my life, and like always, I welcomed the escape.