T W O

I laid my forehead against the cold glass of the window as I watched the exchange outside between Shiro and Rin and the man who had brought his daughter

They were here to thank Rin for helping his daughter. I couldn't help the small smile that overtook my lips due to how proud I was of him. Chaos always seemed to follow him, but the fact that even then he'd managed to help a little girl today made me forget how worried I was about his demon side.

Even if he became a demon, I think Rin would be okay. He had the purest heart I'd ever seen, nothing would change that.

I giggled softly as Papa hit Rin on the back of the head before moving to speak to the little girl and giving her something. Shiro was an amazing exorcist, I knew he'd take care of the little girl.

I moved to open the door just as I heard Shiro ground Rin for the bill his ex-boss had given us for the damage in her store today.

"Rin, no sukiyaki for you!" He ordered, making me giggle. That was probably the worst punishment you could give to Rin.

"Hey! No fair!" Rin whined after Shiro as he walked away from him, leaving us outside alone.

"So..." I trailed off slowly, holding my hands behind my back as I looked at my brother. "I was trying to be angry and punish you like everyone else..."

My voice trailed off at the look on Rins face as he ducked his head away and murmured, "Great, you too."

"But," I emphasised, his eyes snapping to look at mine. "What you did for that little girl was amazing Rin. I'm so proud of you."

Rin laughed nervously, his hand reaching up to rub the back of his neck in an almost sheepish action. "It was no big deal really."

I giggled at his embarrassment, this boy didn't give himself enough credit really.

"I know you struggle sometimes, but we're all really proud of you here. You'll get there one day, until then, we're happy as long as you keep being you." I smiled brightly at him, taking my hands from behind my back to show one of the cookies I had baked.

"Papa said not to give you any but what he doesn't know won't hurt him." I giggled at a now sparkling Rin.

"Thanks Lia!" he grinned brightly, drooling as he reached out to grab the cookie from me. "Oh my god this is amazing!"

Rin was good, I really had nothing to worry about.

I had cancelled plans with a few friends in town in favour of keeping Rin company at the monastery since he was grounded, but he was nowhere to be found.

I wandered the halls hoping to find him, aimlessly looking out the windows as I went.

I stopped in my tracks when I caught a glance of Rin at the gates of the monastery. He was walking off with a boy named Shiratori, someone he was usually getting into fights with.