E I G H T

It felt so normal, going round to a friends to play video games

It was a kind of normal I had never really experienced with a friend before. Growing up no one stuck around long enough to do things like this with me.

Only Rin and Yukio really.

But here I was, sat in Shima's dorm with him playing video games as if it was a totally common thing.

It was a day after we had originally planned to play after everything that had happened in class yesterday but we were still having fun.

Apparently Suguro was currently thanking Rin for saving him, and while Konekomaru had went with him, Shima had taken the opportunity to run off and find me to play video games.

Not that I was complaining.

The boys room was cleaner than I thought if I was being honest, a lot cleaner than I expected it to be. There was two beds for Shima and Konekomaru while Suguro was apparently in the room next door.

There was a TV at the bottom of Shima's bed which we were currently sat on to play and two desks at the window, one neatly organised while the other was a mess of paper and books. You could probably guess which was Shima's.

"How are you so good at this?" Shima groaned, throwing himself back on his bed after I had beaten him for the fifth time.

"I've played a lot." I laughed, glancing down at the pouting boy who had been getting his ass kicked.

"You play video games?" He seemed surprised.

"Sometimes." I grinned over at the boy. "Usually only when Rin wanted someone to play with but still, I like playing them. I've always been pretty good at it."

"Didn't you have friends to play with?" Shima asked. For a moment I was actually upset by what he said but then I realised he didn't mean harm by it.

"Shima!" I scolded, slapping his shoulder as he laughed and apologised.

"Sorry, I didn't realise how bad that would sound." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"It's okay," I smiled softly. "To answer your question, not really. I mostly spent junior high running after Rin and trying to stop him getting into fights. It doesn't leave a lot of time to try make friends who don't hate your brother."

"I'm sorry Lia. And for the record, I don't think who your brother is should affect people wanting to be your friend. They're all missing out, I'm glad you came to hang out with me today." Shima actually seemed genuine and I couldn't help but smile at the boy.

Sure he was a bit of a pervert and he had his flaws, but I found myself really enjoying the time I spent with him and I was happy we were becoming friends.

We were interrupted by the door opening and Konekomaru and Suguro walking in, the latter stopping in surprise when he saw me there. Though he didn't scowl at me for once.