S E V E N

I groaned when Tsubaki called my name along with Yamadas to go into the arena next

Shiemi had just went in with Izumo but hadn't done so well because of her kimono which made me feel really bad for her. She was trying, she just hadn't gotten the hang of fitting in yet.

I jumped down into the arena with Yamada following after me, keeping his hood up and his hands in his pocket. There was something about him that just didn't sit right with me.

"Remember: the goal is to get used to dealing with demons movements. Try to predict what the Leaper is going to do." Tsubaki instructed us before beginning the exercise.

I took off swiftly in order to stay ahead of the Leaper, ignoring Yamada next to me and trying to focus on my movements. It wouldn't be good for me to get distracted.

I could faintly hear the others talking outside the arena but I ignored that too, no time for it with a Leaper on my ass even if this was a safe exercise.

After Yamada and I had run a lap of the arena I was fairly certain I could predict how it was going to move. Yamada seemed to be on the same page as me surprisingly as we both took a rapid turn just in time to dodge the Leaper as it dove for us.

The demon recovered quickly, instantly chasing us again as we avoided its movements.

I felt a switch in the air like electricity, like I could feel the demon preparing to attack.

I wasn't in a position to run out of the way and neither was Yamada as the Leaper made another attack at us.

Acting as quickly as I could, I flipped forward and caught myself with one hand on the ground, pushing up as hard as I could so I flipped over the Leaper right as it went for it's attack, landing in a crouch in front of the demon as Tsubaki pulled it away from us.

I was shocked to see Yamada in a similar position to myself, crouched facing me. We stared each other down in silence, though I couldn't see much under his hood.

"Very good work you two!" Tsubaki praised us from above, going into a rant to the others that this was how it should be done and breaking my observation about my classmate.

I climbed out of the arena with Yamada behind me to find the shocked faces of our classmates.

"Woah!" Shiemi finally cheered, breaking the silence. "That was amazing!"

"You were so fast Lia!" Shima high fived me with a grin.

"Really good work you two!" Konekomaru praised which caused a small smile to fall over me. God he was such a sweetheart, how was he friends with a guy like Suguro?

"Oh yeah, that's my sister!" Rin cheered, causing the others to stare at him in shock.

"SISTER?!"

"You guys didn't know?" He asked cluelessly, scratching the back of his head as he chuckled awkwardly. "We weren't hiding it."