N I N E

Opening the door to my next class I wasn't surprised to find I was the last one there

My classmates heads all turned to stare at me as I walked in just before what would've been counted as late.

"How nice of you to join us Miss Tenshi." Professor Neuhaus spoke. I didn't answer, instead moving to stand off to the side of the magic circle by myself.

Realising that was all he was going to get from me, he continued his lesson. "As I was saying, the magic circle isn't the only thing used to summon demons. Your blood and an appropriate appeal is also necessary to be successful."

"The son of Typhoeus and Echidna, hear my call and..." he held his bleeding hand over the magic circle. "Show yourself!"

A demon began to rise from inside the magic circle. I couldn't help but be impressed when I saw he had summoned a naberius demon. He must be a pretty powerful tamer to have pulled this off.

"There are an incredibly small amount of humans who can summon demons and make them work as a familiar." He began to explain to the shocked class. "Sheer spiritual fortitude is needed to tame the demons, but natural talent is also essential."

I watched as his eyes drifted over all of us, pausing on myself and Rin for a second longer than the others. I was guessing Neuhaus was one of the few instructors who knew the truth about us.

"I'll be testing now to see if you have the talent." I felt his eyes burn through me as his gaze passed me again.

"On the paper I gave you a while ago," he began to explain as he moved to pass me one since I was later in. "Drip your blood onto where the magic circle has been roughly sketched. Then, try to recite any words that come to mind."

"I humbly appeal to thee, o goddess Inari. Grant my request, leave not my prayers to be unfulfilled!" Izumo called loudly. Two white foxes appeared and and stood beside her as the others stared in awe.

Even I was impressed, two white foxes on her first try was a tremendous accomplishment.

"Two white foxes..." Neuhaus murmured. "Nicely done Miss Kamiki!"

"Woah that was great Izumo! I tried but I've got nothing." Paku praised her friend as she smirked over to her.

"Of course, I come from a long line of shrine maidens after all." Kamiki boasted, clearly more than proud of herself.

"Dammit I've got nothing." Suguro glared at his paper where he was stood with the others.

"Me neither." Shima also admitted defeat, turning to pout over to me which put a small smile on my face as Konekomaru admitted the same.

"I- I wanna try too!" Shiemi spoken hesitantly, turning her attention to her paper. "Come on boy... come on boy... or something."

For a moment nothing happened and I felt really bad for Shiemi, but then the cutest little demon appeared from nowhere with a smile. "Nii!"