S I X

I blinked in surprise at Shiemi sitting in the spare seat next to Rins, not expecting to see her in the cram school of all places

I offered her a small proud smile as I passed her on the way to my seat. I couldn't help but be happy for her, she was doing this after what happened at the supply shop yesterday.

I was happy she was going to be okay and that her legs were fine now, thanks to Rin and Yukio. When my brothers told me the story I cried for the girl, she didn't deserve a demon tricking her like that.

She just wanted to protect her Grandma's garden.

Rin had told me everything when he got back, and I was guessing from the way he gushed over it that he was probably developing a small crush on the sweet girl.

I, on the other hand, hadn't told Rin or Yukio about what I had talked about with Mephisto, though I suspected Yukio already knew from the way he had been spending as much time with me as possible.

I didn't know how to explain my relationship with my father to Rin so that was off the table, and I didn't want to trouble Yukio with it since he had so much on his plate already.

Looking around the class, I tried to decide who to try talking to. I already considered Shiemi as a kind of friend but she seemed to be having fun with Rin and I wanted to try with someone who wasn't my brother, which left my options slim.

If I was being honest, Shima was probably my best bet since he seemed kind of friendly. Plus his friend Konekomaru seemed nice as well, the problem lay with his rooster headed friend Suguro. He just seemed like an asshole.

I wanted to try to talk to someone at least but I didn't know how to approach any of these people. I was so useless at this.

I let out a small sigh, resting my head on the palm of my hand as our teacher droned on. I knew paying attention in class would be better than daydreaming, but I already knew all of this. It was boring to learn it all again.

I turned my head to see rooster boy glaring at me from where he sat at the table next to me. I glared right back as harshly as I could. Who did he think he was looking at me like that?

Turning my head with a huff, deciding to ignore the  boy and face forward, I didn't need to be drawing attention to myself by getting into fights. Besides, I had no clue what this guys deal was anyway.

"Hey Miss Tenshi!" a voice called enthusiastically from next to me. I turned to see Shima had moved into the empty seat next to me.

"Oh hey Shima. You can call me Lia you know." I smiled at the boy, attempting to be friendly.

"Oh. ALRIGHT." Shima looked as if he was covered in sparkles, he got so excited which confused me. I had just said he could call me by my name?

"You can call me Renzo if you want." he added flirtatiously, making me groan on the inside. He seemed nice but I wanted a friend not a boyfriend.