S I X T E E N

My eyes were dead as I stared at my reflection in the mirror in front of me

My eyes were dead as I stared at my reflection in the mirror in front of me. My skin was pale and the bags under my eyes were so dark there was no way to hide them.

In short, I looked like a total wreck.

I still wasn't completely sure what had happened to me on that rooftop with Gabriel the night before, but I shouldn't have been able to summon that power.

My fathers power.

I was far too young for my gifts to be manifesting, and if they were coming early, well that was a problem I didn't really need nor know how to handle.

It didn't spell out anything good for me though, that was for sure.

I tried not to let my mind wander back to the dark angel, not wanting to get sucked into the void of confusion I'd been in all night. He'd been nice the first night we met, given me my mothers necklace, but then come back to attack me and try kill Rin? And then to top it off, protected me when I lost control of a power I shouldn't have. Not to mention the fact he was extremely familiar and I couldn't figure out how I knew him.

Nothing made sense, it didn't sit right with me. I was missing something, I just didn't know what.

Grabbing my bag with a sigh, I head out of my room to the kitchen where I find Ukobach waiting with breakfast.

"Thanks Ukobach, but I don't think I can eat right now." I frown sadly at the familiar, but the nauseous feeling in my stomach really wouldn't allow me to stomach food.

Whatever power that was I used last night, it had taken its toll. I was feeling the effects this morning.

Yukio had looked me over and wanted to call Mephisto but I didn't allow it. My body wasn't ready for what was happening, I shouldn't have been able to summon that blue lightning, so it was going to take a toll.

Waving bye to Ukobach, the only person I really wanted to face today to be honest, I left for morning classes before Rin or Yukio could come downstairs and try to talk to me.

I needed space today, I needed time to think about what had happened, to process it. About what it meant for me. I couldn't do that with my brothers anxious hovering.

Sitting in my math class, I was hyper aware of a few sets of eyes on me. Yukio was in this class, and my avoiding him didn't mean his attention was off me. It didn't seem to just be him though, the kyoto boys were in this class too and had been staring at me since class had started.

It was getting really annoying.

When the bell rang, I was the first one out the door before anyone could stop me, but that didn't stop Yukio from trying.

"Lia- Just hold on a second!" I sensed the frustration in his voice as we got separated in the busy hall.

At my locker, I took a deep breath and leaned my forehead against the cool metal, closing my eyes briefly.