≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Diana gasped as she found herself back in her childhood bedroom, drawings of her friends and friendly creatures stuck up on the wall. A small bed pressed against the wall opposite a chest made out of bamboo. She made her way over the window, her hand flying up to her mouth as she saw the smoke rise.

Racing outside, her heart pounding in her chest, her eyes darted around. Creatures flew down, picking off her people one by one. Screams filled her ears as her breaths became heavier. She wanted to help, yet fear shut down her body, leaving her only as a bystander. A cold hand grasped her arm and a woman she recognised all too well looked up at her.

"Help," she begged. Her face became paler as every second passed by. Diana stood helpless, as her eyes filled with tears. Soon, the woman's eyes rolled into the back of her head and her lifeless form fell onto Diana as she shrieked.

Diana shot up, her chest heaving. Bed sheets sticking to her body. Her ears rang as everything in her room seemed so far away. Diana screamed, covering her ears and tucking her legs close to her body. At the same time, she felt a burst of energy escape her body.

Forcing herself to take deep breaths, Diana calmed down. Taking in her room, everything around her was knocked over. The chair that once was upright laid on its side, her picture frames crookedly hung on the wall while some of her books fell from their shelves. She stared at her room in shock.

She jumped as she heard a fast knock on the door.

"Are you okay? I heard a scream," Shaun asked from the other side. Diana closed her eyes trying to relax her mind and body.

"Yeah, I just saw a spider," she lied, her heartbeat thumping in her ear.

"Want me to get it out for you?" Diana looked around her room. The mess would be hard to explain.

"No, I'm fine," she pretended, trying to convince him but most importantly herself. She hadn't had a burst of power unintentionally for some time now and her fingers almost ached to do it again. She heard his footsteps retreat into his own room, sighing to herself she got up, picking up the items that flew onto the floor.

*

Diana leaned on the back of the couch, picking her nails. She waited for Shaun to finish getting ready. The nightmare replayed in her mind. She had been taught that dreams were never just dreams and that's what spooked her out so much. In times like these, she wished she still had the guidance of her elders yet she knew that was not possible. Diana would just quickly apply a bandaid on her thoughts, only taking care of it if her wound got worse. The bathroom door swung open, bringing Diana back into reality. She smiled at him as she pushed herself off the couch.

"You take forever," she joked, poking his side, making him grin. "I mean what do you even need to do? Brush your hair until it shines with perfection?"

"Okay," he interrupted, shoving her lightly. She picked up her coat though she stopped as something caught her eye. A book that she thought she lost laid on top of one of the shelves.