十九

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

A scout had come back the next day revealing that Wenwu's men had entered the forest that guarded the portal to Ta-Lo. Everyone was preparing for battle. People rushed around, dressing in armour and gathering their weapons. Diana stood with Xialing in the middle of the storm, waiting for the others to arrive. Diana watched as the people around them prepared to protect their homeland.

"He's here," Xialing uttered solemnly when Shang and Katy arrived. Warm blush coated Diana's cheek as Shang glanced over at her. She woke up first, finding herself tangled in his embrace. She was almost certain now that her feelings had developed from platonic to romantic. She could only hope that he felt the same.

It wasn't long until Diana found herself standing next to Shang as they waited for Wenwu's army to come. She held her staff in her hand as she wore her old chest plate. There was strength in her stance. Unlike Wenwu and his men, she wasn't there to claim something. Unlike them, she wasn't motivated by greed. Unlike them, she was fighting to save her homeland and the people around her.

Mud coated their cars as they came into the clearing. Wenwu's soldiers immediately stepped out, moving into position while Wenwu slowly walked out, the ten rings visible on his arms. His eyes moved along the line of Ta-Lo warriors, stopping as he stared at his two children.

"Are you here to help the people who are holding your own mother captive?"

"She isn't back there," Ying Nan responded, her voice full of sternness, "You're being lied to by a creature who wants to destroy us all."

"Is that what they told you?" Wenwu looked amused, glancing back at his children, "I know my wife's voice."

"I miss my sister as much as you do, but this is not the way to honour her memory."

"Did you honour her when you turned her away from your gate?" he shot back.

"You fool. We turned you away," Guang Bo scoffed, digging his staff angrily into the ground, "The sins of your past would have destroyed this place."

"Be careful how you speak to me, young man," Wenwu threatened, "I've lived ten of your lifetimes. Let me pass."

"We cannot do that."

Razor Fist signalled for his men to get into position. They pointed their weapons at the warriors of Ta-Lo. This action made the villagers do the same. Diana firmly gripped her bo staff, pointing it forward like she was taught to. Wenwu scoffed before turning around and walking away, not before ordering his army to 'burn it down.'

They started shooting electrical bands at the warriors, while some deflected it, others weren't so successful.

"Charge!" Diana ran. She ran for her hometown. She ran to save everything she once knew. Swinging her staff at an upcoming enemy, she was quickly separated from her friends. Having faith in them and herself, Wenwu's men were no match for her but they were outnumbered. For every soldier that Diana took down - a new one replaced them.

As she fought, defending herself, she glanced over to her right and saw Heng overcrowded with 5 of Wenwu's soldiers. Running towards him, she swung her staff knocking one of them into another. The power of the scales knocked them out easily and Diana kicked another's weapon away, leaving him defenseless. Using their weapon against them, Diana used her staff to block their blows, redirecting their electric weapons to their body.

"Are you okay?" she puffed out, turning to Heng who nodded as his eyes wide. He yelled a word of warning but was too late as Diana was knocked to the ground. Her staff rolled from her hand and she was left without a weapon as one of Wenwu's soldiers towered over her.

Before any of them could react, an arrow lodged into his leg. He cried in pain while Diana quickly got up, kicking the electric rod from his hands. She used his weapon to stun him and he quickly fell to the floor. Turning around, she saw Xingjuan with a bow, knocking in another arrow. Their eyes met and Xingjuan gave Diana a small nod before turning her attention elsewhere.

Diana ran over to Ying Nan who was currently fighting Wenwu's masked assassin. Except, she had everything under control. Dodging his attacks, she landed a blow that sent them flying away. With a small smile on her face, Ying Nan nodded at Diana who appeared by her side. However, that smile quickly faded as a creature's screech was heard.

"He breached the gate!" Ying Nan yelled.

"No!" Diana screamed. Coming from the mountain, Soul Eaters began flying towards the land of Ta-Lo. This couldn't be happening. She wasn't ready.

"Those things are gonna kill us all if we don't work together," Xialing reasoned, releasing Razor Fist from her hold.

"You think I'm gonna fall for that?" He laughed.

"Your weapons are useless against them," Ying Nan attested, holding her staff in her hand.

"We don't need your help. We are the mighty Ten Rings," he boasted. When those words left his mouth, a Soul Eater grabbed the masked assassin. Their sharp claws dug into the assassin's armour and lifted him high into the sky. Wenwu's men turned their attention to their comrade and aimed their weapons at the creature. They shot at the Soul Eater a few times but their weapons went right through the creature's body. It wasn't long until the soul of the man was pulled out of his body and Diana stared in horror as the Soul Eater mercilessly dropped his dead body.

Another Soul Eater flew straight towards them. Their arms clung onto Razor Fist as he tried to pry the creature away. The creature's body unmolded to dodge his sharp blade. He swung hysterically as the Soul Eater inched closer to his body. Ying Nan threw the creature down with her staff. With the Soul Eater on the ground, the staff embedded with dragon scales quickly killed the creature.

"We should work together," he nodded hastily as he caught his breath, "Release them!"

Diana heard Xingjuan scoff, "They tried to kill us and now we have to work together," she muttered under her breath.

"Welcome to the world of mankind," Diana smiled sarcastically and Xingjuan chuckled at her statement. Diana helped some of the injured people to the medical hut while most of the villagers helped Wenwu's men suit up with weapons that contained red scales. Archers refilled their arrows, weapons that were damaged got replaced and everyone that could fight was sent to the shorelines. This would be a battle of a lifetime. Diana could only hope that she would see the end of it. That she would be brave enough to do exactly what her ancestor once did. 

[1125 words]

a/n

dont forget to vote and comment! i wanna hear your thoughts

kjlyds.