≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The helicopter ride was tense. Shang and Xialing both didn't want to go back to the place they grew up and Diana couldn't get rid of their father's eagle eyes. He seemed to be examining Katy and her, trying to figure out why his son would associate with someone like them. He was scrutinising everything about them. He was watching as Katy's nerves couldn't keep her still. He was watching as Diana played with her fingers. He was watching as Katy warily glanced out the window. He was watching as Diana's eyes seemed to find his son's every so often.

The helicopter pulled up to a side of the mountain, overlooking a military base. 'Home.' That's what he had called it. A place so cold and unpleasant. It was unwelcoming and harsh. Diana could see the unease in Shang's body throughout the whole ride. Troops were moving out onto the courtyard as they landed, lining up in a perfect sequence. Shang's father smiled proudly, gesturing for Shang to step out of the plane. He soon followed after, almost forgetting about the three women in the plane.

"My son is home," He exclaimed, satisfied. All the warriors bowed in respect, "Take the girls to their room," Diana glanced at Xialing who felt defeated as they followed Shang into the base.

*

Xialing room was, well she definitely was a rebellious teenager. Posters from music bands, singers, and movies decorated her bedroom wall. Contrasting to the exterior of the building, Xialing's room was modern and almost comforting. Despite everything, a small white teddy bear on Xialing's premade bed crafted a smile on Diana's face.

"I've seen some scary stuff this week, but your dad's on like, a whole 'nother level," Katy started, sitting on a couch next to Xialing's bed while Xialing leaned on her wooden desk. Diana stood awkwardly in the room, her body was on edge, "Is he gonna kill us?"

"Just nod. Don't talk. He'll forget you're here," Xialing commented solemnly, "That's how I survived."

"Does he always treat you like that?' Diana asked, careful not to trod on any close topics.

"Only after my mom died. He said he couldn't look at me because I remind him of her." Diana looked away, wondering if that was the case for her father too. Xialing's face carried hurt and anger, "I wasn't allowed to train with the boys but I watched everything they did and taught myself to do it better.

"When did you leave?"

"I ran away at 16," she answered, "As soon as I knew my brother wasn't coming back."

"You started an underground fight ring in Macau when you were 16 years old?" Katy gaped.

"If my dad won't let me into his empire. I'm going to build my own."

"Hell yeah," Katy said nodding and Xialing gave her a genuine smile.

"When I first saw you two, I wanted to cut your throats," Xialing confessed, stepping towards the pair.