Chapter 2 ~Lucas~

Lucas POV
I woke up to my alarm blaring loudly next to me. With a groan I sat up and turned it off. I looked over at the annoying thing that disturbed my sleep and read the time 5:30. I sigh and get out of my warm bed.

I make my way to my bathroom and turn on the shower. As soon as the water is warm I undress and step in. After my shower I step out and wrap a towel around my waist. I make my way to the sink and brush my teeth.

After I finish I walk to my closet and pick out a pair of ripped jeans and a red t-shirt. I get dressed then brush my hair.

As soon as I'm ready I head downstairs to be met with my parents.

"Good morning son" My father the alpha greets me.

"Good morning. How was night patrol?" I asked him as I got some cereal and milk.

"It was alright. No complications. Oh and by the way, after school we are visiting a pack to the east about 2 hours away." I looked at my father confused.

We never visited the crystal pack so why now? As if reading my mind my dad responds

"I heard there has been some issues with an omega. There's news that he's being treated horribly. So we are going there try to find him and bring him to our pack. No omega should be treated like that." My father explained.

I look at him in shock. People really treat omegas bad? In my pack omegas are the ones we protect with our lives. I nod my head and get ready to go to school.
———————————————————————
Time skip

Once I made it to school I'm immediately jumped on by my beta and best friend Ryan.

"Hey you heard about the crystal pack?" He asks. I nod at him while pushing him off me.

"Those bastards. When we find the omega and take him with us, the alpha and everyone involved are going to suffer a fate worse than death" I snarled.

Before Ryan has a chance to speak the bell rings and we head to class.

During class I can't focus. My mind is stuck on the omega we're going to save.

"Mr. Lucas, please pay attention." Miss. Smith interrupts my thoughts.

I give her a sheepish smile as she just rolls her eyes and goes back to teaching. At 8:30 the bell rings finishing 1st period.

One down, six more to go.