Chapter 7 ~Safe?~

Ash's pov

I was slowly coming back to reality. I laid in the big bed covered with a soft warm blanket. For the first time in my life I felt comfortable. I was warm..... warm?

I shot up and looked around fast. I was in a room with white walls. To the side of me was a nightstand with a sippy cup on it. I looked around observing the room. It was huge! There were 2 closet doors and a door that looked like it led to a bathroom. There was a tv with a couch in front. A desk to the corner of the room and in the middle was the bed. It was a nice room.

All of a sudden my thoughts were cut off by the bathroom door opening and the smell of oak trees filling my nose. There stood the same man who carried me out of that pack. He was tall. Very very tall. His hair was still wet and he had a towel wrapped around his waist. His brown eyes met my blue ones and I stared.

"Mate" my wolf said to me.

"I'm sorry, did I startle you?" He asked me.

I shook my head slowly. Why was his voice so... gentle. No one had talked to me with that kind of voice. His eyes held a soft look while he gave a sweet smile.

He walked over to his closet and disappeared behind the door. A few moments later he returned wearing a black sweatshirt with grey sweatpants. He walked over to the bed a sat down on the end.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything" he asked me gently.

I stared at him. I was confused. Why was he asking me this? I didn't deserve his kindness... I was just a useless omega. I didn't deserve to be here. It would have just been better if-

"Stop." He cut off my thoughts.

I looked up at him. My eyes widening. How did... what just happened?

"We're mates Ash. I can read hear your thoughts if you don't block them." He said.

I stared at him for a while and opened my mouth to speak but my stomach beat me to it. It grumbled loudly making Lucas laugh softly.

"You hungry?" He asked standing up.

I nod my head as he held his hand out for me. I hesitate for a second but ended up taking his hand. It was much bigger than mine. Rougher. But it felt.... nice. We walked down a hallway and was met with a big kitchen. He guided me to the table and started cooking. I looked watched him work silently.

After he finished he put the plate in front of me. On it was a cheese omelet with some hash-browns on the side. He then gave me a glass of apple juice to go with it. I thanked him quietly and began to eat.  A few moments later he sat down besides be along with his own plate with much bigger portions.

After we finished our silent meal he led me back to the bedroom to talk. He sat me on the bed and told me he would be back. With that he left. I sat on the bed looking around again. My chest felt warm. It was a strange feeling. I felt... what was the word.
Safe.

A/n
Sorry for the late late post. I've been so busy with school that I haven't had the chance to write. I hope you enjoy this chapter though!