Chapter 4 ~Oak trees?~

Ash's pov
I woke up in my "room" pain spreading throughout my body. I slowly sat up trying to ignore the pain in my probably broken ribs.

I look around and saw a small napkin with half a piece of molded bread and a tiny cup of water. Though it wasn't ideal, it was the best I would ever get here. I crawl over to the food and slowly eat it, ignoring the disgusting taste. I then take the small cup of water and take slow small sips.

When I finish I go crawl the the broken floor board under the blanket for my "bed". I open it and take out my secret first aid kit. It was given to me by the Luna who had passed away.

I tend to the wounds I can and safely store the kit back underneath.

After I finish I feel exhausted. I lay back down on my back and slowly shut my eyes.
———————————————————————
Time skip

I wake up to yelling upstairs. All of a sudden I several loud footsteps coming down. I freeze in my spot, eyes wide and mouth dry.

The door gets slammed open and I'm met with the smell of... oak trees?

"Mate" I heard my wolf say.

I sat there trembling. Staring at the tall brown haired boy that was in front of everyone. I was so lost in his brown eyes I didn't realize he was almost halfway to me.

I whimper and push myself into my corner as much as I can. The boy's eyes flicker with a bit of hurt and sadness.

"Hey... I'm not going to hurt you baby." The stranger said in a gentle unfamiliar voice.

He started to approach me until he was kneeling in-front of me. He raised his hand and cupped my cheek. I flinch and shut my eyes tight waiting for impact to come. When it never does I slowly open my eyes and see him with a soft look on his face.

"Hey little mate. We're here to save you. My names Lucas, I'm the soon to be alpha of the diamond pack. Let's get you out of here ok?" The boy Lucas said.

I slowly look around and see who looks to be a beta and a couple warriors watching us. I whimper but stop when the hand on my cheek gently runs through my hair.

I slowly look back at Lucas and unconsciously push my head into his touch. He smiles and gently picked me up how you would carry a baby. I tucked my face into the crook of his neck to hide from the stares. Lucas takes me out of the room.

I was finally leaving. Though I didn't trust these people fully, my wolf was telling me to at least trust Lucas. My mate.