Chapter 2

Chapter 2

In my dream I was in a field of wild flowers that splayed a rainbow of color. I bent down to smell a delicate purple flower. It was such a sweet scent; I froze hearing the foot steps behind me. "You should know better than to sneak up on me by now, Adrian" "Oh come on little Dhampir, you know I love to keep you on your toes. Love the setting by the way, so wild, beautiful and free like you." I know he meant it as a compliment but I was not in the mood. "We need to chat and I wish I could have done this in person because you deserve it that way.." I said looking out over the field. "What's wrong Rose?" Concern came across his face. "Let me say what I have to say no interruptions, please Adrian!" I pleaded, "I am only going to hurt you. I know I said I would try but I cannot move on from Dimitri and my heart will not let me move on." I spoke the words carefully. "It's always Dimitri, isn't it?" Adrian spat clenching his fist. "It has always been Dimitri. It's not fair to you to make you think that I can actually shut off any feeling for him. I have tried to shut him out. He seeps in at the seams of wounds that I thought were healing. I cannot be with you Adrian, I am setting you free before I do anymore damage." I hoped I didn't come off like a complete bitch. I did not want to linger, just rip the band aid off and lay all the cards on the table. " I knew this was going to happen when he came back. What, did he confess his undying love for you and run? Where the hell are you? I am coming to you..." It was what I feared the most him wanting to see me.

"We are headed to Bora Bora. I needed to just get away for a little while and no it was the opposite. My heart is in a million pieces. I know it is not what you were wanting to hear. You and I cannot be together anymore. You deserve better than this. You deserve to be happy and not be with someone who is hung up on another guy." The pain that came across his face made my chest tight. "I fucking hate you! You promised you would give us a real try this time! You tell me in a fucking dream and not in fucking person! You are a real coward! I cannot believe you! I am coming to you and you can say it TO MY FUCKING FACE!" Adrian spoke louder and louder making my shoulders jumped with every word. I felt my heart breaking all over again. He had never spoken to me that extreme before. I deserved it but it wasn't like I had the time to properly break up with my boyfriend before I left. "I deserve everything you throw at me. I am a heartless bitch, a coward and many other things. I just hope one day you will forgive me and we could be friends. It will be the same ending whether you are here in person or in my dreams. The fact is we are no longer together and will never be together because you need someone who deserves you and I do not.""Fuck you Rose!" Just like that the dream went black.

I woke up in a cold sweat and I couldn't shake the dream. I looked over to Lissa and she was asleep with her head on Christian's shoulder. Christian was flipping through a magazine trying to keep himself busy. The four guards, whom I never met, were settled in two in front and two in back of the plane. Since there was no threat to the princess they were resting as well. I settled back in my seat and let real sleep take me over.

The captain came over the speaker "Please put your safety belt on to prepare for landing. We will be landing at LAX to refuel before heading to our destination."It scared the crap out of me and as I looked around, I saw that I wasn't the only one. All of us one by one began to buckle up.

We landed in LAX and while the jet refueled Lissa and I discussed the plan from there with Captain Fairfield, "So from lax we were going to stop in Honolulu to refuel again then head to our final destination. It was going to take another eight and a half hours or so in total. Dinner will be served after we take off and level out." "Oh good because I am starving" I said as my stomach growled. He smiled and dismissed himself to talk with the co-pilot. Lissa looked at me and we took two seats that were empty. "Rose, I know it must be hard what you are going through, but you should have invited Adrian to come along with us. I mean after all he is your boyfrie..."She could see it on my face. "ROSE!" she gasped "You didn't break up with him did you?" I caved and told her what happened in the dream, everything. She looked at me in shock again. "I guess I am two for two man" I spoke under my breath. "I had no time before we left and it was the best thing I could do for him. He needs to be someone who deserves him. Someone, who will give him their whole heart, someone who has their whole heart to give. Lis it's only fair."I said with more confidence I made the right choice for the both of us.

It seemed as if no time had passed at all and we were in the air again. Dinner was being prepared to be served. I chose to have a chicken salad. Lissa chose a chicken pasta dish and Christian chose a hamburger with fries. After we ate we decided that we would just go on and rest up so we could be ready to take on Bora Bora on arrival. Christian and Lissa went back to their seats and were whispering sweet things into each other ears, I just wanted to puke. I was good and didn't say anything while I put my ear buds back in and hit play on my IPod. I looked out the window and saw nothing but clouds and ocean. Slowly I began to relax again and drift away into real sleep.