Chapter 9

Dimitri's body relaxed over me like a blanket, his body was so warm and comforting even on the hottest of days. The scent of his clean hair mixed with the musk that was all Dimitri was intoxicating. My fingers play along his back from his tailbone to his shoulder blade. For fear of waking him I stealthily try to move from underneath him only for it to backfire. "MMM, where are you sneaking off to?" Dimitri's voice was muffled by my neck. "I was trying not to wake you but I can see that was a waste." I said before I knew Dimitri had my hands in his above my head. "Well since I am awake I am craving more of you." He said against my lips. I broke the kiss "This couch isn't big enough for us and to be honest it's getting uncomfortable." Dimitri smirked "I can provide a simple solution, wrap your legs around me." I do as I am told. Dimitri lifts us off of the couch and carries me to the bedroom.

As Dimitri laid me down his lips began to make a similar route from my neck down to my left breast. I tried to soften the moan that was escaping my throat but I couldn't. I decided it was my turn to explore I used all of my strength to toss him on his back and made my move. I crawled up his body like a wild cat on the hunt. His hands cupped my ass lifting me up just a little so he could adjust and with help I was able to slowly slide down inch by inch. A moan escaped my mouth as it felt so good and it hurt at the same time. I kept a slow pace grinding in circles as his girth stretched me, filling me with every luscious inch of him. Like flames catching in a wildfire, our bodies try to top the other. I knew he belonged to the guardians but for now, Dimitri was all mine. Climaxing was like a grand ending to a firework show on the fourth of July. I collapsed onto Dimitri's hard chest panting.

We laid in silence wrapped around one another for what seemed like forever when Dimitri spoke almost at a whisper. "When do you think we should return back to court?" "Wow, you really know how to ruin the mood." Shaking my head I got up to retrieve my clothes from the closet. I slammed a black tank top over my head. "Why do you want to rush back? Back to the one place, where we can't be ourselves unless it's our day off? I fought for you for so long, traveled thousands of miles to find you only to lose you. Can't I have you to myself for a few days?" I have never seen Dimitri move so fast. He grasped my face in his hands. "Roza, my sweet Roza, I don't want to be anywhere without you again. I remember everything that you did for me, for us, while I was that monster. I know how hard it was to drive that stake in my chest on that bridge. Even in my darkest nights, I knew I was in love with you. When I pushed you away and hurt you, I thought I was doing the right thing for you by trying to keep you away from me. I tried keeping you at arm's length and I couldn't function right. Before I would do my job and I would do it well. Then you walked in and awakened something in me that nobody has ever conquered." Dimitri's eyes were glossy; he was fighting back his tears as well.

I gazed up in awe of this man who just admitted to never opening himself up this way for anyone. The villa phone started to ring breaking up our bubble. I ran to pick it up before they hung up. Dimitri stood in the doorway watching all the blood drain out of my face. Concern displayed on his face but he waited until I hung up the phone. "We have a problem, it's the queen. There was an attempt on her life last night." His eye grew and whipped out his cell phone and started dialing. "Looks like our few days are over before they started." I couldn't hide my disappointment but I knew we were guardians first. I called Lissa and explained everything that I knew which wasn't nearly enough, and then I confessed about Dimitri being here. When Lissa didn't say anything, I let my shields down so I could see her through the bond. She was sitting on the couch in a lovely white romper while Christian sat at the desk. A slow smile came across her face. "Rose, if you are happy then I am happy for you. If he ever hurts you again I will kill him myself." "I know you will Lis, just a bit protective are we?" I laughed, Dimitri hung up the phone. "Oh Lissa I will keep you informed. I've got to go."

Dimitri's face was serious there was no sense of humor that could break that look. Uh oh I know that look. "What's going on?" I asked. "The main suspect in regarding the attempt to assassinate the Queen is, Tasha. The queen is safe but is in hiding and the only people who know are the guardians who are with her. She said that we need to stay wherever we are because Tasha is on the hunt..." Dimitri was tight lipped. "Well what is Tasha on the hunt for?" he shook his head. "Dimitri, who or what is Tasha on the hunt for?" I asked again. "Is it Lissa? I'll kill a bitch. I wish she would try. Why would she do that to Christian though?" I was racking my brain trying to find reasoning when Dimitri grabbed my arms. "Rose, Tasha is not hunting Lissa. She is hunting you."