Chapter 11

Chapter 11

    Coming down from my dream I could hear Dimitri's cell phone ringing with a quick movement from the bed he ceased the noise. He walked out of the bedroom to let me sleep. I must have been exhausted from the festivities the evening before because I was drifting again into the darkness. The next thing I knew I was waking up to an empty bed and my eyes shot open assessing the room. I heard him before I saw him "I wanted to let you sleep a little longer." Dimitri spoke softly. "Well, you can come back to bed." I said patting the pillow next to me. "You don't know how bad I want to crawl back into those sheets, but that was Thomas and I have been called away for briefing and before you ask. The answer is no. The less you know the better just in case that thing happens to you again." I frowned "So you can't give me a kiss goodbye?" "Me dare to wake you and risk the wrath of Rose Hathaway, I think that would be dangerous." Dimitri tried his best shocked face. He strolled to my side of the bed to give me a kiss. I met his lips with a smirk on my own face. My fingers laced into his soft hair as I deepened the kiss until he moaned breaking the kiss. I looked up into those molten brown eyes biting my lip. "I really need to go but I don't want to." Dimitri whined. "Go to your little briefing, I'll just be waiting here, naked all by my lonesome." Flustered he left quickly and I crashed back into bed sighing.

    After the first thirty minutes that Dimitri was gone, I just stared out to the ocean taking in the breeze. The silence of the villa and the steady slapping of the water against the deck were wearing me down. Yawning, I couldn't help but look at the time and it was two in the morning. "I should go back to bed" I climbed back into bed. Only to toss and turn trying to get comfortable enough to sleep. I flung back the blankets, got dressed and headed to the back deck. The wind carried a vanilla scent as it played like fingers in my hair. I couldn't stop replaying the last few days in my head, from seeing Dimitri on the beach to feeling his skin to the taste of his lips. Memories haunting me, my fear was him leaving and never coming back. That this all could be just a dream. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I quickly brushed it away. The mind can be very cruel to the person it's in. I took in one last look at the moon before heading back in finally my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. It seemed so instant, my dreams took me to a dark place.

There was a light but it was coming from a fire pit in the center of the room. From observation it was not a room but a cave with symbols all over the walls. I closed in on one of the walls, the symbols looked familiar but also foreign. I couldn't remember where I saw them, just as I was racing through my memories of St. Vladimir's Academy, I heard a woman speaking. My body reacted before my mind could. I put my defenses up assessing the situation,  there was not just one woman there was twelve of them. All of them in red crushed velvet robes with gold ropes around the waist.  The one in charge had dark brown hair that fell below her breasts with two silver streaks around her face. She was a little older than my own mother, fine lines caressed her grey eyes and she spoke again. "Rose, I'm Marzanna, we are going to find you or you can come to us the choice is yours. Tasha is paying a high price for you and we aren't the only ones on the hunt." "Well like I was telling friends before if that bitch...." I was cut off with a sharp pain in my brain that was already starting to dull . "You will not speak ill of Tasha Ozera! Like I said before child you have a choice. I will give you twenty four hours think about it." Marzanna laughed. Everything got hazy and dark again.

I woke up to Dimitri sitting over me shaking me awake. Just the sight of him was the biggest relief my arms wrapped around him and I held him. Breathing him in and realizing I was going to have to tell him about Marzanna and Tasha but right now that could wait. I held Dimitri's face in my hands and I memorized every detail to store in my brain. Every line, dimple from his forehead to his chin. "Hey, " Dimitri said softly. "I love you, I am so in love with you, please don't leave me. If you leave I will break and I don't know if I will ever get back together." I pleaded but I knew it was the truth.  "Roza my sweet Roza, I will never leave you ever again that I can promise you."

Dimitri closed the distance between us and the moment his lips crashed into mine the spark ignited. I ripped his shirt off I needed to feel his skin on me, his hair slipped into his face as he slipped my shirt over my head letting it fall on the floor. He rested his head on my chest, I could feel the warmth of his breath as he breathed. My fingers found the hair tie in his hair and slid it out releasing his dark locks. The aroma of a spicey vanilla was released. If Dimitri knew something was wrong, he didn't say. His fingers played along my skin making circles and soft strokes. We remained silent listening to the sound of the waves crashing in the distance and the gentle breeze circling the room. Here in his arms is where I found home.