Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Adrian and I met the others at the Far Niente Ristorante for a lovely Italian dinner. A band was playing a smooth jazz tune that was very sensual. The waiter came and took our drink orders none of which were non alcoholic beverages. We were discussing each other's day. Adrian kindly left out my crying spell. Christian and Lissa were going on about a dolphin sighting when out the corner of my eye I noticed movement. Lissa's voice came through like she was right next to me. What is it? I shook my head not wanting to draw attention from anyone. I decided it was time to go "powder my nose"; I politely excused myself to the restroom. Once I was a safe distance from the table I searched for that movement again. I came back to the table to meet Lissa's eyes and shook my head. I had no luck finding what I saw so I left it to the mind playing tricks. Besides, my drink is calling my name and that's what we have guards for so I can enjoy my time off. Adrian kept telling us witty tales that he experienced in his time at the royal court. We spent the rest of our meal in drinks never being empty and laughter.

The restaurant was starting to clean up and get ready to close down for the night. Lissa pulled me aside from the others. "Rose my sweet Rose, How are you holding u? I feel like a bad friend not spending more time with you." She started slurring sweet rum lingering on her breath. "I have definitely come undone but Adrian has done his best to keep the humor afloat and keep a smile on my face. I know this is a little get away for you as well all before you take over the court." " There is no excuse! I say tomorrow you and I go to the spa my treat what do you say?" Lissa started leaning. I looked over to Christian "You better help her back to the villa or else she is going to spend the night here." I laughed. "My Rose, where are you going?" She reached for me just as Christian put his arms around her. "Love, I think we shall go back to the villa and have our own fun." She giggled and they started making their way to their villa. I walked over to the bar and paid for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label whiskey. Adrian looked at me like he didn't know this Rose anymore, "Rose, that's some serious stuff you got there. Where are you going?" "Well Adrian, Mr. Walker and I have our own party we are going to attend at the beach. Care to join?" I asked with a smirk. "I honestly think the jet lag is starting to set in. I will leave you to it and go retire back to my villa." Adrian said tipping his imaginary hat. "Suit yourself, good night Adrian." "Good night, Rose." I watched Adrian until he disappeared.

I walked along the shore with my shoes in one hand and my whiskey in the other. Once I was far enough away from view of the villas I plopped down tossed my shoes to the side and opened up the bottle. The first sip chased down my throat leaving a warm sensation traveling all through my body. I gazed up to meet a million stars twinkling in the sky. A few more swigs of the whiskey and I regenerated the buzz from early and everything had a fuzzy ring with it. The waves were breaking, racing to crash to the shore and I began to relax finally. All the lights were dimming and people were finally calling it a night. I put my hand in my pocket, realizing that I stuffed my iPod in my pocket before we left for dinner. I smiled as I put the ear buds in, pushed play and took another drink. Before I knew it I was dancing and singing to Tove Lo's Habits (stay high). With the breeze and my arms up I felt free. He should be here. He should be experiencing this with me I thought as I took another sip. I figured it was time to head back to crash. I grabbed the bottle and my shoes, put the iPod back up and headed to my villa.

I could hear something move in the darkness of the tree line. I was drunk but not drunk enough to be alerted that I wasn't alone out here. First, the movement at the restaurant, now this? Come on! I thought again. I sighed "OK, I know someone is there come out before I come find you myself. You have messed with the wrong....." I was cutoff to my own astonishment. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was my mind playing tricks on me? Am I losing my mind? "This is a dream and I am sleep walking on the beach" I said aloud and turned to walk away to continue my journey to my villa. "Rosa," I stopped dead in my tracks, I felt my shoulders tense to gather my composure before facing Dimitri. I turned slow Yep he's definitely there I started seeing red and this rage radiated me. Here was the man who ripped out my heart, rung it out and left it to hang up to dry.