Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The smell of bacon and eggs woke me. Waking up in bed that I don't remember making it to after a bottle of wine, it didn't make since until I made it to the dining table. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to rub them to see straight. "Drink too much last night little Dhampir?" Adrian was in Bora Bora, in my villa serving me breakfast. "What in the hell are you doing here Adrian? How in the hell did you get in?" I was ready to start throwing things at his pretty little face but my head was pounding. "Let me guess pounding like a heartbeat in your head am I right?" I nodded. "That would be a hangover. Hence the breakfast of champions; bacon, eggs and a bloody mary. So sit down, and enjoy some food!" He smiled.

After eating I grabbed my bloody mary and headed to the back deck. I looked out over the crystal blue waters as I sipped my hearty drink. As I knew he would, Adrian followed me outside and chose to sit next to me. "So are you going to tell me what you are doing here Adrian?" I asked. "First, I came here so you could say it to my face and not in a dream Rose. Second, once I opened the door I went to search for you. When I found you out here, you were passed out with the whole bottle of wine gone and you were passed out. Your eyes were swollen and you had tear stained cheeks." His stern face had softened. "I realized I was too hard on you, begging you for a chance that you weren't ready to give me. I knew you were going to find him I just didn't listen to what my gut was telling me. He really did you in didn't he?" Feeling like I couldn't find the words to speak without tears I decided to nod. I took another sip of my drink and straightened out my shoulders. "I used to think everything was black and white. It all changed when Dimitri walked out of that room and was no longer strogoi. Adrian, you have to believe me when I walked in that building that I may have not come out again except in a body bag. I was prepared to fight to the death with the man..." my voice started to crack, "...The man I love. I am sorry; I know I shouldn't have broken it off in the dream. I meant it when I said you deserved better. You deserve someone who can give you themselves completely their heart, body and soul. I cannot give you those things and it's not fair to you or to me. I know you are hurt and I am to blame but maybe one day you will be able to forgive me and accept my friendship." I stared in to those serious eyes and waited for him to find his words.

"I knew you weren't ready but I admire you for trying. I came here because I knew you were hurt and I know you could use a friend right now. I rather have you as a friend than not have you in my life at all. As far as how I got in well it wasn't hard I have my ways." He smiled. "Thank you for coming all this way. I am going to go get dressed can you order some drinks from room service please?" He nodded "What are you drinking?" "Something with a fruity name" I left him to order while I went to go put something more decent on then a robe.

I settled for sweats and a tank top and headed back to the living room where Adrian was waiting with the drinks. He settled for his usual scotch on the rocks and for me a mai tai. "Excellent choice, Adrian this tastes amazing!" "Rose, silliness aside how are you doing? I know you normally don't drink so this must be bad." "Well my heart is in a million tiny jagged pieces. I never thought I would have the chance to fall in love let alone fall in love with my teacher. My teacher who stood there in that church in front of people said he could never love me. After everything I went through to find him to fight him to get him back to himself. I feel like it was all for nothing. I ended up hurting you by not being over him and for that I am truly sorry Adrian. You are going to have to get used to me having a drink in my hand well at least while we are here. It is the only thing easing the pain." I said before turning up my glass. I downed the fruity drink and placed the glass on the table. "Oh my sweet dhamphir, they always say the first heartbreak is brutal and bittersweet. It's just going to take time that's all." Adrian said coming over to comfort me. I let my walls come tumbling down I began to sob and Adrian stay by me as we waited on the sun to finally set.

Sun was setting and we decided to go to marina and rent jet skis to have a little fun. Adrian and I were making a game on who could out do the other with the waves. With wind and salt water smacking my face I started to relax and feel free. I began to smile and Adrian returned the smile. Maybe we could be friends after all without the complications. When we came to stop in the middle of the lagoon we sat and watched the colors displaying across the sky.

"So Rose what are your plans for this evening?" Adrian spoke and broke my gaze from the sky. "I am honestly contemplating drinking some more, maybe go to dinner. Even might wear another one of my dresses who knows" I said looking at the pinks and purples painting the sky. "We should head back and grab some dinner." He started his jet ski and headed back. I took one more long glance then followed I am beginning to fall in love with this place, I thought to myself.