25 - Exhibition Night

"Shit

"Shit. Shit. Shit," Luna exclaims when we get to my bedroom. "We're going to be late!"

"It's your fault really," I  shrug before heading to my closet.

"I needed to finish that statue today so  I can deliver it tomorrow," she grumbles. 

"I understand, baby, but you could have brought it here and finished it after the exhibition."

"We'll be tired," she grumbles while looking for her dress. "Where did you put my dress?" 

"Here." I take the hanger, where it is, off the closet and hand it to her.

She asked me to keep it here so her mom wouldn't ruin that one too. It was a bittersweet moment. I was happy she trusted me to keep it, but also sad she couldn't even bring it to her home or tell her mom where she was going tonight and how important it is to her.

"Thank you," she says before closing herself in my bathroom to get dressed. 

It's been a hard week.

Assignments started to fly in from every corner and all of our time together has been spent either studying, eating or sleeping.

Luna doesn't tell me much about what happens at her home but from the amount of time she spends outside, it doesn't seem to be getting better. She's still making a few sculptures,  for money, and has started to work with stone as well at school to try and expand her abilities for new possible orders. 

Somehow, she reminds me of my mom. 

Back when I was young, she was a single mom studying and working at the same time. Luna's story might be very different and she's even more alone than my mom was, but when I look into her chocolate-coloured eyes, I see the same resolve.

They both went through a lot but still have that strength of character, that determination to make it.

And I admire her so much more for it.

She's crazy talented, has been able to secure a spot in college and with her talent has been able to provide for herself and somehow keep her mom out of trouble. Some might say she's enabling her, but what can a kid do? Her mom can only go to rehab if she signs herself in. It's always of one's own volition, so I understand her and why she does it. 

"Maybe..." I think aloud. "I need to talk to my dad, first," I mumble to myself.

"How do I look?" Luna's voice breaks my thoughts and I turn around to take a good look at her.

My heart skips a beat but I try not to make it noticeable.

Stunning, in her own rebel way.

The dress hugs her fit figure in all the right places, especially her slim waist before falling freely to her thighs and the short sleeves falling off her shoulders. She didn't use her signature fishnet lights but a light black pair. Dropped over her arm, her leather jacket and on her feet her combat boots.