36 - Jack&Rose

"Go have a shower and take something from my closet to dress

"Go have a shower and take something from my closet to dress. I'll meet you in a little bit."

Kissing the top of her head, I open the bathroom door for her to enter. Her face screams exhaustion and I know that as soon as she hits the bed, she'll fall asleep instantly.

This woman is a badass. She has this cold and detached front but I've come to find that she is such a soft heart. She gives hints and glimpses in every little action.

When I brought her lunch that day in school, after getting this feeling in my gut that she'd need it. The look in her eyes when I told her that's what friends do was heartwrenching. The disappointment in the word friends was palpable but I didn't know what else to say back then.

But the way her eyes lit up when she looked into the packs and saw the food I had brought. Nothing could beat that glint.

Or when I bought her a new dress after her mum destroyed the first one. The gratitude for such a small and insignificant gesture.

And when my mum hugged her this weekend? Or when Wilder and Jeremy just keep latching onto her like she's God on earth. I don't blame them, she is for me.

She melted in every single one of those times, and I am not even talking about the times I am cheesy to her. She might not say it in words, but her eyes speak to me. In volumes.

Man, I am falling fast and hard.

And tonight when that shithead tried to insinuate she was cheating on me, I saw red. For a second there, because of what Abby did I fell for it. If I thought being cheated on by Abby hurt... I was wrong.

The moment brought me to the realization that this girl has the power to fucking destroy me.

But when our eyes locked, all doubts racing into my mind fell to earth. As I noticed before, this girl speaks with her eyes and she showed me everything I needed to see. To understand that, Luna is not Abby.

She was very adamant from the beginning she wouldn't mix with me if I had a girlfriend. It wouldn't make sense if she did it the other way around.

Luna doesn't cheat.

I was sure. I am sure.

When the shower water starts, I head for my uncle's luxury kitchen, where I know my father still is.

"Dad," I greet.

"Hey, kiddo. Hungry?"

"A little bit, I'll help you out."

I barely need to help him, since he has always been amazing in the kitchen, just like mum. They'd often spend days off cooking and baking, having me as their "professional" taster. They made sure to have family moments as often as possible.

It worked. My dad was - and is - busy all the time with work, saving kids and all. But he's always been there.

The best fucking dad I could have ever asked for. Always present, always helping and a tiny assertive. It's needed to balance out my mom's soft side.