32 - Bye b*tch!

"Hey

"Hey... Abby." 

Dylan's mention of her name, makes my head swivel in her direction at lightning speed.

Blond, thin, tall, beautiful. Not to mention her flawless barbie-like style, she oozes confidence, grace and everything that I'm not.

I was never one to feel self-conscious but here, beside this girl, I am. What did he see in me when he had this at home?

Oh wait, she cheated. If not for that, we'd probably not even be here now. The thought itself it's enough to give me a moment of clarity and drop his hand.

He looks at me with a frown on his face but she steals his attention, "You're back?"

"For the weekend." Dylan's answer is short and clipped, letting me know how uncomfortable he is with this situation.

I am too, don't worry.

"Hi, Abby," little Wilder chimes from his big brother's shoulders but she completely disregards him, with her focus solely focused on Dylan.

"How are you doing?" 

"Bitch," Jeremy mutters to my hip and I need to cover my mouth to not show my smile. 

He scoffs, "I'm fine." 

"I-" she stutters with creased eyebrows and shiny blue eyes.

My eyes jump between her puppy face and his stone-cold one. It's a new expression on Dylan, one I am not familiar with, at all. My question is: is he putting up a wall to not let her see how much she gets to him, or he just doesn't care anymore?

 "I have been meaning to talk to you ever since you left but you wouldn't let me and I-"

"For a good reason," he cuts her off. "Look, what's done is done. We both need to move on." 

"You couldn't possibly think that," she pouts and I can't help but roll my eyes. "We love each other." 

"No. We didn't."

"What?" she gasps.

"I loved the idea of having my best friend as my true love, and you loved the idea of having someone kissing your ass all the time. I am not that guy, even though you tried to mould me into it, and you're not my true love." 

His voice is calm, steady and my jaw drops to the floor at the words that come out of his mouth.

Abby scoffs in return, "You couldn't possibly mean that. I know you better than anyone."

"Do you?" 

"Yes, I know how your favourite colour is blue, just like your eyes."

My nose scrunches up. His favourite colour is black, or grey - just like mine used to be.

"Or how you love your basketball shorts and a black t-shirt to sleep in."

I can't help but look at him and remember all the times he walked around the house in boxers and slept in them, or even commando - that happened, a couple of times and I remember feeling so damn grateful. They know each other for years - their lifetime it seems - but all that she is pointing out, doesn't really match what I've witnessed.