Reuniting With Change 1 (1)

- :|: - Seven Years Time Skip - :|: - Issei x Irina - :|: -

A thirteen-year-old Issei shot into the sky, bursting his four pairs of white wings from his back and a lustrous halo atop his head as his hair bled from brown to blonde. His eyes followed bleeding from passionate brown to a shining emerald.

It was a late morning that Saturday, and the clouds were barely covering the sky.

However, Issei didn't mind the sky, no, he was too focused on his plans. He was excited because for once, he had free time away from school (until Wednesday), and training.

"—Yosh!"

Gabriel did promise he would be able to see her one day. And that day, is today! He nodded confidently; he was going to make sure of it!

"I'm gonna' visit Irina!"

He knew which direction was west, like a bird or a compass, and headed a bit north of west.

England!

Issei zoomed forward, focusing slightly on his arm, allowing for a familiar sensation to engulf his left hand up to his elbow.

"Boosted Gear!"

[Boosted Gear!]

[Boost!]

*Boom!*

"—Roaaar!"

With a sonic boom and a roar, Issei's vision blurred slightly as he only focused on going faster to get to England, where Irina said she would be living.

The adrenaline started to pump through his body, making him unmindful of how much wasted energy he put in zooming through the sky in a holy white streak above the clouds. Not that it actually mattered.

I can't wait to show Irina my wings!

Issei grinned at the thought of Irina's surprised face. In that moment, he would pull her into a hug and hug her for all she was worth, and that was a lot for Issei. Irina was always on his mind for far too long that it would be an understatement to say that he simply missed her.

Faster!

[Boost!]

*Boom!*

Again!

[Boost!]

...

After a few minutes, he was almost past China.

Faster!

[Boost!]

*Boom!*

Issei laughed in pure joy. He could barely wait.

I'm almost there!

...

*Vrroom-Fsssssssh!*

A harsh wind blasted against Issei's wings and back as he suddenly stopped, high in the sky, at a point where people looked like dots.

He pulled a picture from his pocket and unfolded it. On the picture, a lightly brown haired girl, with an age much like his, in a plaid brown and green uniform. It was a small gift from Gabriel, when he told her about his plan.

"So what are you going to do when I'm gone and without school?" Gabriel asked, sitting crisscrossed in the warming sun.

"I think..." Issei stopped to think of something. He jumped from his position and shot his left hand into the sky. "I'm going to see Iri-chan!"