Reuniting With Change 1 (2)

"I wonder, what's Ise doing nowadays..."

Behind Irina was an invisible Issei, smirking at the comment.

"Yeah, I wonder what I do nowadays too..." He put a hand to his chin and nodded in agreement, waiting for her surprise. A knowing and happy smile split across his face.

"Huh!" Quickly she turned, a soft voice reached her ears. The voice was familiar but so different at the same time. "A-An A-A-Angel!" She blinked quickly in surprise before she got to her knees, shakily.

"Hi Iri-kun!" His tone was happy and he even waved.

"I-Ise?" Irina lifted her head instantly at her childhood nickname because only one person called her "Iri-kun!"

"Yep, the one and only." His hair bled from blonde to its usual brown and his eyes followed in suit with it respective color, but he left his wings and halo out. "Miss me?"

"B-B-but, h-how? When?"

My best friend is an angel?!

Issei didn't answer her questions. Instead, he leaped at her with wide arms. He couldn't hold back the urge to hug her. It was the first time in ages that he's seen her. "I missed you!"

Irina, still trying to get used to the fact that her childhood friend was an angel, barely hugged back and responded, "Yeah, I missed you too." Lightly, she patted at his back. The revaluation made her more than confused.

"I'm an angel, cool, right?" Issei stated the obvious, oblivious to the fact as he pulled back from the embrace.

A pout overtook her expression as she let her 'warrior' facade drop. "Mou! I want to be an angel too!" She pulled at his back with childish vigor. "Gimme your wings!"

She's still Iri-kun.

"No! Wait!" She stopped herself, realizing she was actually talking to an angel! She got to her knees, once again, leaving Issei confused.

"Eh?" Issei was dumbfounded.

Irina bit her lip, wondering if God would scorn her for acting in such a manner to one of His Angels. She wanted to say something at the same time but didn't know how to address her 'friend.' She decided she would only speak when asked.

"This, huh?" His tone was indifferent and slightly scared Irina as she wasn't used to that kind of tone from anyone, especially Issei. His expression changed. He wasn't happy. He didn't look mad either, which made Irina just a bit relieved.

"I didn't want it to come to this but..." His brown covered his eyes in an impenetrable shadow. His hands rose as if he was going to summon lightning. "To pay for your sins, Irina, warrior-nun, you shall perish!"

What?!

...

April Fools!

Irina felt the wind get knocked out of her as menacing fingers reached her sides. He was tickling her! "AH-Hahahah! Ise-Ise, s-stop! Ahaha!"

"Perish with the power of the tickle Angel!" Issei found himself laughing with Irina.

"N-No fair!" Irina didn't realize he succeeded in making her drop her former expression and bowing stance.

"Issei-kun!"

...

"Mou! Issei, that wasn't fair of you!"

"Ehehehe." In return, Issei scratched the back of head and laughed. "I guess so."

They sat in silence for a few moments, feeling the wind blow against them. Irina knew he definitely was Issei but him as an angel? She felt blessed-no, even more blessed-that she knew him before and at the fact that he was an angel, the peak of purity.