Reuniting With Change 3

- :|: - Early Noon : Issei - :|: - Conquer x Iridescent - :|: -

"Huh?" was Issei smart answer before Xenovia kicked off the ground.

Issei quickly forced Ascalon out of his domain, as if it were by the flick of his wrist.

[Blade!]

The blade was upside-down as it materialized out of the glowing emerald gem that disappeared into the back of his hand. Swiftly, Issei turned to grab his trusted sword in the reverse position. Using the flat side of the famous sword, Issei parried the offensive push.

"HHHUAH!" Xenovia drove the sword down, as if to break it.

*—Kkkach!*

...It was weaker than Issei originally expected it was. He wasn't sure if she was holding back or... His eyes narrowed, as she went towards him with a roundhouse kick. Perhaps, she wasn't only good at wielding swords, but also brawling.

Quickly, yet hesitantly, Issei chose whether or not he should use the [Boosted Gear]. He glanced back to Irina, who wasn't paying attention, to finalize his answer. It wasn't worth it, he decided. Not even Irina knew of it yet.

Xenovia came to attack him again, jumping into the air to gain more power into her long slash. "I'm not going to hold back any more!" Her sword matched her fury, sporting a new harsher glow.

Issei parried the blow with a slight tap, trying not to hurt her as he felt disturbed by her... slowness and her rather weak blows. This... is too easy... Even without the [Boosted Gear] or his angelic powers to empower him, Xenovia was... simply much too easy to read, block, attack, and simply, to defeat. If he were honest, he was sure that Irina was faster than she was.

It almost made him scared of how much stronger he was than the purely human prodigy before him. He didn't want to hurt her, he fought only to fight the baddies because he was a hero! But, it never occurred to him that he fought Irina, until now. He glanced to her again, did... did he hurt her?

No! Fiercely, he shook his head. He did not—would not—could not—ever! Moreover, he made sure to scan her. She was fine, exempting the minor bruises from accepting Xenovia's spar.

However, why was Irina, perhaps... angry with him? Also, after watching Xenovia, he couldn't help but wonder why did Xenovia also look so mad?

Xenovia was confused, much more so than usual. She, a blade prodigy, was losing. Not that it wasn't a normal occurrence, due to her adopted Guardian's usual spars, but her opponent was one she has never heard of. One who was much more skilled than she was and yet! She has never heard of him. No word of such a person—prodigy. Well, of course it should've been expected as he did wield that sword. However, she was theBlade Prodigy, a swift natural (though only in holy sword compatibility). It frustrated her to no end. She has never lost, only in face of the greatest exorcist of all exorcists! When it came to swords, she was one of the top!

She trained for her whole life. Pain, sweat, tears. Everything! Up until recently, her growth had came to a massive halt. Durandal wasn't bending to her will. She was so frustrated! She couldn't drive through as she always did. She had shot through the ranks of her sword school, the ranks of Vatican, and her life, without stop. She wasn't used to making decisions—she was fine with that. She wasn't used to teaming up, but she would drive through and deal with it as she has done for everything else. There was no need for technical, unnecessarythings if she had absolute power and some time to focus that power.