I

Kacy Noelle Brown
"Lil Bit"

Kacy Noelle Brown"Lil Bit"

October 16th,2021 1:25 pm

"GET UP!" I  felt my comforter being pulled off me as goose bumps formed on my exposed skin. I groaned already know who it is waking me up for my deep sleep. I did a stretch and rubbed my eyes,looking over to my left of course I seen Mercedes standing there with her arms crossed and her foot tapping.

" you wanna explain to me why you just woke me up, what time is it?" I looked out my window she kindly opened up for fresh air and seen it was bright and sunny.

" Because it's almost 1:30 and you're still in bed, the girls are downstairs waiting on you." Cedes was walking to my connecting bathroom turning on my shower , I noticed she already had my clothes laid out for the day. I slowly got out of bed not wanting to hear her mouth if she seen me still laying down but only lords know how much I wanted to stay in bed today.

Mercedes was my best friend. We met each other in grade school I was in 7th and she was in the 8th grade, she protected me until 10th grade. I was a fat kid with bummy clothes since my mother struggled to take care of both of us plus the constant bills flowing in. My father passed away while he was army. They didn't help us much after his death and My  mom had no choice but to hustle as hard as she could but sometimes it wasn't hard enough. One day a group of 8th graders where taunting me like they always did since my shoes were now talking.

A/N: Talking: as in they are open at the toes

One of the girls pushed me down with all of her force once she seen I wasn't phased by their words. Mercedes came out no where and socked the girl in her jaw, she got suspended for three days behind me and never ask for anything in return but a friendship. My first real friend and ever since that day she had me back and I had her front.

I got out the shower and saw cedes was gone she might've went back downstairs with our friends. I got dressed in the outfit she chose for me which was a grey cropped hoodie with the sweat pants to match and my Yeezy slides paired with knee high white socks. Since I didn't do my hair yesterday they were still in braids I just put them up in a ponytail with a tan Scrunchie to match my shoes and left two braids out in the front. I grabbed my phone off the charger and put some lip gloss on then made my way down to the living room. Once I hit the bottom stairs all eyes were on me

" Finally I thought I had to go drag you out that bed girl." My friend Faith said to me rolling her neck

" y'all were smart sending Cedes up first didn't even feel like playing them games with her . " I replied giggling. " What y'all doing, how are y'all goin to invite yourselves over ?" Taking a seat on the couch next to Essence laying my head in her shoulder