4 ➼ 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

stars and fate

~~~

"isn't it late night y/n? you should be in your home" choso said worriedly as he looked at the girl who messaged him to meet this late at the night. "meh i escaped through the window" y/n shrugged and smiled at the half human and half curse. 

he just pictured her climbing the window of her house without waking up her family members, and shook his head.

she took his hand on hers and intertwined their fingers, and smiled towards the man. "i wanna show you something. let's go choso-kun" she said and pulled the man.

the man named choso chuckled and nodded his agreeing to her and following her footsteps, holding hands.

~~~

"isn't it too high?" choso mumbled looking down from the tall mountain. "are you sure- you're not gonna push me?" he asked confused as the female gasped. "you! don't believe me?" she asked, acting like she is hurt and placed her hand on her chest where her heart is located.

"i'm hurt choso-kun" she pouted as choso just watched her and smiled. "well?" he questioned. "look up pretty boy" she pointed her index finger to the top, as his gaze followed the direction of her finger.

 she pointed her finger at the at the galaxy of star above her. he looked up the endless arch of void-black beyond the moon's corona. it seemed to him that there was a snowfall sparkling in outer space and he felt privileged to witness it. he didn't know much about them but they looked so pretty through his eyes.

the female smiled seeing the male's reaction. she felt the cold breeze against her skin which made her shiver and hug herself to provide warmth for her body as she inhaled and was rubbing her arms and palms to provide friction to create heat between them.

"how is it?" she asked she stated as she continued watching the sequin silver starlight flashing and flickering in the royal ocean blue sky.

"umm" he couldn't describe the exact feeling he experienced. "did you feel a sensation of awe from the world around us could make us kinder just watching those pretty stars?" she asked, knowing why he can't tell because these were a the new feeling to him, as the male nodded.

"you know- gazing at the stars or staring out across a vast ocean could make you a nicer person" she said and sat down as she patted the place covered in grass beside her, gesturing the male to sit beside her.

he sat beside her and continued looking at the sky listening to her. "when people die, they become stars." she smiled at him as few of her baby hairs flowing along the wind. the stars had a faint, silver tint and they looked like they were the distant, glittering sparks from angel fire.

"if you ever loose someone you loved and care about, know they're in the sky watching you. death doesn't end your love for someone. take solace knowing the the special part of them have moved inside your heart, the part where love is." she said referring to his brother's death a few days ago.

"i've seen joy and wonder in a child eyes when i pointed to the stars and said lets watch for a shooting star. a shooting star means you know you're lost loved one has gone back to where they were created." she said turning to choso as he observed her face.

"life is pain. we are all in pain, all the time choso-kun" she stated.

"you can't explain every emotions by yourself, how do you explain love? joy? magic and beauty? beauty is in the eye of the beholder." she said when choso looked at her. "so.." he said. "yeah that's why you couldn't find any perfect word to describe those a minute ago" she continued looking back at the sky as she explained choso about human emotions and psychology.

"many ancient astronomers believed that the stars were permanently affixed to a heavenly sphere and that they were immutable. by convention, astronomers grouped prominent stars into asterisms and constellations and used them to track the motions of the planets and the inferred position of the Sun . . ." the male nodded understating some of her words.

"the concept of a constellation was known to exist during the period. Ancient sky watchers imagined that prominent arrangements of stars formed patterns, and they associated these with particular aspects of nature or their myths . . ." she explained about science and beliefs.

"life would be a dull place if scientists were allowed to explain everything." she muttered softly and smiled as she exhaled.

"i heard it somewhere that someone told i quote- 'The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn't be here if stars hadn't exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution - weren't created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way they could get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today.' " she remembered and quoted. 

"ah . . . " choso whispered. she turned towards the male and looked into his eyes, smiling and continuing "People who are loved, are loved for who they are inside their body──

── not the outside."

"